By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America is ungrateful...

Grey Acumen said:
coolestguyever said:
> H. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and they might even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

With USA's lack of free health care, that would cost the person an arm and a leg, pardon the pun.
Yeah, but at least since our health care isn't run by the government, we'd still have that arm and leg.

Spoken like a true clueless fool.

Don't wanna be an American idiot?

Around the Network

As soon as it was stated that the President had in any fashion protected us from terrorism since 9/11 I lost any respect for Jay Leno as a human. The man can rot on a pike for all I care for spreading lies like that.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

And while I don't know about doctors, insurance companies are essentially forced to let people die. They owe it to their shareholders to turn a profit, which is impossible to do if they pay for every essential medical procedure that their customers require.

My experience is fairly comon: I broke my neck in a car accident a few years ago, and though I had full coverage, my company refused to pay for all but about $10,000 of my $50,000 bill, and the additional oney that I was owed according to my policy. No excuses, no reasoning - they just didn't send the checks. I had to file suit aganst them, and even then they waited until a week before te trial was scheduled to begin before they finally settled for everything I was owed.

From the date of my accident to receiving the checks, it was nearly three years. They never disputed that they owed it, they just didn't want to pay it, and wanted to scare me into settling for less.

^ That's scary.

I just want to ask a question to the OP and everyone on his side of the fence. Look at the list he has given A - M, and answer me this directly please. Were each of those situations different before George Bush came to Presidency? I mean I could brag that England has electricity, but that has nothing to do with our current PM.

Desroko said:
It was after World War I, actually. Saudi Arabia was founded in 1923, for example. And we didn't put Castro in power - Fulgencio Batista was a US client.

And you didn't answer the question. You think it's great that we liberated the Iraqis, who are now free to fight a civil war. Why don't we do the same for oppressed people everywhere, though? What makes Iraq so special?

Besides the oil, of curse.

So I got my World Wars mixed up =P still a huge mess that was made.

And as far as your question, yeah if we get information that they're threatening us sure, we messed up first time around with bad info we would just know to REALLY check it, by your logic, what makes other countries with oil and dictatorships not on our radar of attack.

To be trying to say its all one man's evil plot to just get Iraq's oil is stupid, we could have went out a drilled in more places for cheaper and he couldn't have gotten the approval to stay without Songress, and if you don't believe that it was all Bush's idea, then you would have to think it was all of Congresses idea, which is even crazier.... 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Stillwell said:
Grey Acumen said:
coolestguyever said:
> H. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and they might even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

With USA's lack of free health care, that would cost the person an arm and a leg, pardon the pun.
Yeah, but at least since our health care isn't run by the government, we'd still have that arm and leg.

Spoken like a true clueless troll.

Don't wanna be a poster of any value?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Yeah, the medical inbdustry of the US is completely crooked. If they can help it, they won't provide the services they are contractually obligated to unless you get a decent lawyer to force them on the insurance side and on the otherside everybody charges more for services rendered than they are even remotely worth. Hospitals are very, very good business even with it being policy to treat people that can't actually pay (or perhaps because of it).

Americans have access to the best medical treatment in the world, yet for many citizens it's a carrot being dangled over their heads that they have no ability to reach. Even the ones that think they're alright because they already have "good" insurance can get screwed at a moments notice as I did (and as Desroko seems to have, though he at least eventually got his money).

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Desroko said:
And while I don't know about doctors, insurance companies are essentially forced to let people die. They owe it to their shareholders to turn a profit, which is impossible to do if they pay for every essential medical procedure that their customers require.

My experience is fairly comon: I broke my neck in a car accident a few years ago, and though I had full coverage, my company refused to pay for all but about $10,000 of my $50,000 bill, and the additional oney that I was owed according to my policy. No excuses, no reasoning - they just didn't send the checks. I had to file suit aganst them, and even then they waited until a week before te trial was scheduled to begin before they finally settled for everything I was owed.

From the date of my accident to receiving the checks, it was nearly three years. They never disputed that they owed it, they just didn't want to pay it, and wanted to scare me into settling for less.

Sweet lord, I'm happy I live in a country that doesn't treat people like they were cash. I feel for you.

Well, no, it wasn't all of Congress' idea, but because much of Congress did the correct and honorable thing and voted against the use of force resolution.

And as a matter of fact, it's well-known that the administration would like to attack Iran, an authoritarian country with huge oil reserves. But the intelligence agencies and the Pentagon are mostly opposed to it, so they're stuck with just the two wars.

Grey Acumen said:
Stillwell said:
Grey Acumen said:
coolestguyever said:

Spoken like a true clueless troll.

Don't wanna be a poster of any value?

Don't wanna be a human of any value?