By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America is ungrateful...

It took me all of 1 second to figure out that the original post was made by some George W. Bush supporter trying to gloss over incompetence (at the time it was written to guilt people into not getting angry over how the Hurricane Katrina disaster was being handled).

Here's proof that the original letter in the first post in this thread is a fake:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/hitnail.asp

Around the Network

I agree with all the points outside of the president issue, GB wasn't the only one who could have made those things happen, not by a long... long shot, in most cases america would be better off.. and since those things i agree with aren't even related directly to the original poll, it means that although those A-M points are true and people should be grateful for them, it isn't much of a reasoning for the poll

Talk about dwelling on the negative, why didn't he point out that 33% of people were happy? 

I don't buy this argument, sorry.  Yes, we have a high standard of living compared to other countries.  Does that mean we can't be upset that the Bush Administration is making things harder on us?  Absolutely not!  The American dream is about not being satisfied with what's good enough, but to try to make things better.  Of course we should be thankful for what we have, but that doesn't mean we should sit contently and be happy when our leaders are taking us in the wrong direction.

As far as the troops -- that argument sounds exactly like the "if you don't support the war (or the administration), you don't support the troops" argument, which is completely wrong.  Am I thankful that they "died for my freedom?"  No, because they didn't need to.  I'm angry that our troops are dying in a war that we should never have had to fight.

MontanaHatchet said:

I'm going to point out what's wrong with this thread in small bits.

The poll asks about current events (where the country is heading, the president) not about daily luxuries.

If the country keeps on heading the direction it's heading in, we may lose all those luxuries. I'll spare the details on that one. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Americans are blessed? Europe is modernized and in the Great Powers (Germany, UK, France) the living conditions are just about equal with the U.S. The difference, of course, being that their currency is destroying ours and that they have free health care.

Oh yes, those millions of Americans who don't have health care. They're so blessed!

And how could we hate a president who started a war, spending over a trillion dollars with no distinct goal?

Oh man, I could go on and on!

This is correct.

I'll add another bit: by the logic of this article, no one can ever complain about any President ever unless he somehow manages to turn us into a desperately impoverished third world nation.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I said "can you name"...

not "can you look up Wiki"?

In fact, the poster obviously has no knowledge of US history as regard to the leadership of every single US president to make such comment.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Buchanan, I would say, was a worse President. He's the only one. Harding, Hoover, Nixon, LBJ, Grant, Pierce, and Taylor all did some terrible things, but George Walker easily bests them.

US economy is heading for a 5 year long recession, all thanks to the trillion dollars wasted on blood for oil wars in Iraq. Thank you Bush administration, trying to force your democracy and lies on the world.

>Please spare a thought to those poor American citizens, 50 million living in poverty.

what's your definition of "poverty"? and then look at what's the definition of "poverty" by UN.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Who cares about the long dead other presidents, we care about today and the past thirty years.

George W. Bush worst president in past thirty years.