By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin'en: If you can't make great looking games on Wii U, it's not the hardware's fault

ninjablade said:
fatslob-:O said:
F0X said:
ninjablade said:

Lol why is he lying for cause u say so please come up with with a better explanation cause that's just not his analysis it's the analysis of of the most respected tech heads on neogaf please come up with a better explanation cause of right now almost all the tech heads are in agreement this is the most likely scenerio no to mentions 8 rops matches the system bandwidth

I think Fourth Storm's theory is the most plausible one given what we currently know, but there are definitely some remaining questions (specifically concerning the die size) that need answering before definitive conclusions are made about what the GPU is capable of.

The die size is roughly 140mm^2 if you want to know. I know that it's bulit on a 40nm process node but some of the space is consumed by the eDRAM by like 30mm^2 so the rest must be a shrunken 4650/70 or an ati radeon 5550. 

Its not confirmed to be 40nm, and I emailed Richard from digital foundry about fouthstorm theory and he pretty he agree but wont change the story till 100% confirmed

Key word: theory.

A theory is conjecture, not proof.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

@Everyone

Guys, I'm only going to listen on what ubisoft has to say about the WII U concerning it's hardware considering that there the only agnostic developer as evidenced by their support on the WII U and the fact that they probably aren't biased either like shin'en considering that they don't exculsively just develop for one manufacturer (Nintendo).

I don't think Ubisoft has the expertise to be the foremost source.

Shin'en have no history of lying abouts specs, and their focus on the console is what gives them more insight than a multiplatform developer, same reason Naughty Dog have more of an insight into the PS3 than Ubisoft.

Are you seriously doubting ubisoft ?

Sure insights can help but at the same time I want someone agnostic.

curl-6 said:

@Everyone

Guys, I'm only going to listen on what ubisoft has to say about the WII U concerning it's hardware considering that there the only agnostic developer as evidenced by their support on the WII U and the fact that they probably aren't biased either like shin'en considering that they don't exculsively just develop for one manufacturer (Nintendo).

Shin'en have no history of lying abouts specs, and their focus on the console is what gives them more insight than a multiplatform developer, same reason Naughty Dog have more of an insight into the PS3 than Ubisoft.

None of the most technically advanced Wii U games to date or in the foreseeable future are made by Ubisoft. I don't think they've proven they have a good grasp of the system.

I find it pretty amazing how much discussion (or, depending on the person, "argument") has been going on that has been triggered by just three paragraphs. This thread is on page 6 for me, and I have the threads I view set to 50 posts per page.

curl-6 said:
curl-6 said:

@Everyone

None of the most technically advanced Wii U games to date or in the foreseeable future are made by Ubisoft. I don't think they've proven they have a good grasp of the system.

I don't think anyone has made the most technically advanced game for the WII U yet because otherwise it would be in trouble if we already squeezed every last juice about it before the PS4 and xbone hits. 

I want someone agnostic so that neither of the sides are going to fight about and b#tch about who the source came from so the comments on what ubisoft has to say about it's hardware isn't discounted and plus ubisoft defended the wii u from EA's comments on it so atleast give them some credit on what they have to say about it's hardware.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:

I find it pretty amazing how much discussion (or, depending on the person, "argument") has been going on that has been triggered by just three paragraphs. This thread is on page 6 for me, and I have the threads I view set to 50 posts per page.

It's mostly ninjablade causing the chain reaction.

Really it depends on the developer. If Ubisoft is having other teams port the WiiU games from the next gen versions rather than their lead developers, the team porting it could be of different caliber. 
Shin'en is known for working magic out of every specialized piece of hardware they get their hands on

They used to work with other systems before the split off and became Shin'en  btw.

curl-6 said:

I don't think anyone has made the most technically advanced game for the WII U yet because otherwise it would be in trouble if we already squeezed every last juice about it before the PS4 and xbone hits. 

I want someone agnostic so that neither of the sides are going to fight about and b#tch about who the source came from so the comments on what ubisoft has to say about it's hardware isn't discounted and plus ubisoft defended the wii u from EA's comments on it so atleast give them some credit on what they have to say about it's hardware.

Ubisoft have only done not-so-good PS3/360 ports and a few exclusives that aren't system-pushing material so far though.

I get what you're saying, but I reckon the devs whose actual games show a better grasp of the hardware are the better source.

If I want to know  something, it makes sense to ask the experts.

curl-6 said:
curl-6 said:

@Everyone

Are u trying to funny Ubisoft game are way more technically impressive then shinen and I will take there word over any developer that's making exclusive games

curl-6 said:
curl-6 said:

Ubisoft have only done not-so-good PS3/360 ports and a few exclusives that aren't system-pushing material so far though.

I get what you're saying, but I reckon the devs whose actual games show a better grasp of the hardware are the better source.

If I want to know  something, it makes sense to ask the experts.

They don't do alot of exclusives, that's exactly the point in trying to be a platform agnostic developer. ^^

I know a better grasp can help but ubisoft has had almost a year on on the WII U.

I know that ubisoft isn't exactly experts but I'd be willing to bet that they have a pretty good handle right now. 

Off-Topic: Why don't we have a bet ? If the WII U has the better version of Watch_dogs compared to the ps360. I'll be banned for 3 days if I lose and same applies if you lose. Oh and the source preferrably comes from the lens of truth also known as head 2 head. So how about it ?