By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin'en: If you can't make great looking games on Wii U, it's not the hardware's fault

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
FrancisNobleman said:

It's based on the fact that chipworks took a die shot and digital foundry did an analysis on it. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-graphics-power-finally-revealed

The similarities to the AMD RV770 basically means it has 16 TMU's compared to the PS3's 24 TMU's. 

Like I said these small caches are fine if you attempt tiled rendering(software wise ofcourse).

The similarities between ps3 and a george foreman griller basically means it is not a console at all.

Next time make claims on facts. Only wii u devs under nda's know how many tmus it has, you surelly are not included in that category.

wiiu has 8 tmus based on neogaf anyalisis http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59514681&postcount=5604 and based on recent dev comment from black forest games which actually goes into detail about wiiu power this is most likely right

Neogaf is not a legitimate source. It's speculation by a bunch of nobodies.

He's lying LOL. Do not listen to that dude. 16 TMU's seems more realistic given it's die size.

Lol why is he lying for cause u say so please come up with with a better explanation cause that's just not his analysis it's the analysis of of the most respected tech heads on neogaf please come up with a better explanation cause of right now almost all the tech heads are in agreement this is the most likely scenerio no to mentions 8 rops matches the system bandwidth

Around the Network

I wonder how many people actually read the OP.

ninjablade said:

Lol why is he lying for cause u say so please come up with with a better explanation cause that's just not his analysis it's the analysis of of the most respected tech heads on neogaf please come up with a better explanation cause of right now almost all the tech heads are in agreement this is the most likely scenerio no to mentions 8 rops matches the system bandwidth

I think Fourth Storm's theory is the most plausible one given what we currently know, but there are definitely some remaining questions (specifically concerning the die size) that need answering before definitive conclusions are made about what the GPU is capable of.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

curl-6 said:
I wonder how many people actually read the OP.

I did! He says Wii U has good ram, which is very true.

ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:
FrancisNobleman said:

It's based on the fact that chipworks took a die shot and digital foundry did an analysis on it. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-graphics-power-finally-revealed

The similarities to the AMD RV770 basically means it has 16 TMU's compared to the PS3's 24 TMU's. 

Like I said these small caches are fine if you attempt tiled rendering(software wise ofcourse).

The similarities between ps3 and a george foreman griller basically means it is not a console at all.

Next time make claims on facts. Only wii u devs under nda's know how many tmus it has, you surelly are not included in that category.

wiiu has 8 tmus based on neogaf anyalisis http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59514681&postcount=5604 and based on recent dev comment from black forest games which actually goes into detail about wiiu power this is most likely right

Neogaf is not a legitimate source. It's speculation by a bunch of nobodies.

He's lying LOL. Do not listen to that dude. 16 TMU's seems more realistic given it's die size.

Then what to ROPS and TMU's do ? 

and give me a reason to doubt that it doesn't have 16 TMU's ?

Around the Network
F0X said:
ninjablade said:

I think Fourth Storm's theory is the most plausible one given what we currently know, but there are definitely some remaining questions (specifically concerning the die size) that need answering before definitive conclusions are made about what the GPU is capable of.

The die size is roughly 140mm^2 if you want to know. I know that it's bulit on a 40nm process node but some of the space is consumed by the eDRAM by like 30mm^2 so the rest must be a shrunken 4650/70 or an ati radeon 5550. 

@Everyone

Guys, I'm only going to listen on what ubisoft has to say about the WII U concerning it's hardware considering that there the only agnostic developer as evidenced by their support on the WII U and the fact that they probably aren't biased either like shin'en considering that they don't exculsively just develop for one manufacturer (Nintendo).

F0X said:
ninjablade said:

The die size is roughly 140mm^2 if you want to know. I know that it's bulit on a 40nm process node but some of the space is consumed by the eDRAM by like 30mm^2 so the rest must be a shrunken 4650/70 or an ati radeon 5550. 

Its not confirmed to be 40nm, and I emailed Richard from digital foundry about fouthstorm theory and he pretty he agree but wont change the story till 100% confirmed

ninjablade said:
F0X said:
ninjablade said:

Its not confirmed to be 40nm, and I emailed Richard from digital foundry about fouthstorm theory and he pretty he agree but wont change the story till 100% confirmed

To have evidence or not to have evidence so where is your source ?

@Everyone

Guys, I'm only going to listen on what ubisoft has to say about the WII U concerning it's hardware considering that there the only agnostic developer as evidenced by their support on the WII U and the fact that they probably aren't biased either like shin'en considering that they don't exculsively just develop for one manufacturer (Nintendo).

I don't think Ubisoft has the expertise to be the foremost source.

Shin'en have no history of lying abouts specs, and their focus on the console is what gives them more insight than a multiplatform developer, same reason Naughty Dog have more of an insight into the PS3 than Ubisoft.