By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS will outsell the 360/PS3 before they outsell the Wii - But do not hold your breath on either of them outselling the Wii ever- Long live the King of last gen!

Seece said:

If PS360 outsell Wii, it will be before 3DS outsells them.

They'll be at/past 90 mill by end of 2014, 3DS won't be anywhere near that.

Also 3DS isn't taking off in the west, it'll do well this holiday thanks to Pokemon, but we've yet to see if that'll be sustainable.

Even after that price cut it's really underperforming outside Japan.

"360 would be at about 82 million by the end of this year"

This is why you should stay away from talking about sales Spurge! 360 will be going into the holiday season just under 80m, it's not doing a mere 2m over the holidays.

US+Europe have 2DS which will do extremely well during holiday and even after holiday. Pokemon will have good legs, I think your underestimating US a little bit there buddy

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Seece said:

Also 3DS isn't taking off in the west, it'll do well this holiday thanks to Pokemon, but we've yet to see if that'll be sustainable.

This is why you should stay away from talking about sales Spurge! 360 will be going into the holiday season just under 80m, it's not doing a mere 2m over the holidays.

US+Europe have 2DS which will do extremely well during holiday and even after holiday. Pokemon will have good legs, I think your underestimating US a little bit there buddy

I agree 3DS will beast during the holidays, everywhere, I've just yet to see a shred of sustainability for 3DS in the non holiday time. It did well last holiday but that hasn't stoped it from hovering near the 100k mark in the US at times this year, several hundred k belo DS at the same point.

Seece said:
tbone51 said:
Seece said:

I agree 3DS will beast during the holidays, everywhere, I've just yet to see a shred of sustainability for 3DS in the non holiday time. It did well last holiday but that hasn't stoped it from hovering near the 100k mark in the US at times this year, several hundred k belo DS at the same point.

even though 3ds will neverbe close to that of ds sales i think 2ds will help push sales over 50k-60k a week when 2014 comes, its better than WiiU/Vita crap numbers for sure though :-/ . i can tell you one thing, this gen will be interesting to see in 2014!

Talk about disillusionment

( 17-20 million for 2013)
20 million 2014
20 million 2015
20 million 2016

Still not the worse prediction for the 3ds. I remember some guy on here was saying 500 million lifetime.

As I said years ago, the ps3 will outsell the wii lifetime. Its up to debate whether or not the xbox360 will outsell the wii, it will be close. The 3ds will Not outsell the wii, mobile phones & tablets have taken the wind out of the handheld sales (pun).

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

daveJ said:

20 million 2014
20 million 2015
20 million 2016

Still not the worse prediction for the 3ds. I remember some guy on here was saying 500 million lifetime.

As I said years ago, the ps3 will outsell the wii lifetime. Its up to debate whether or not the xbox360 will outsell the wii, it will be close. The 3ds will Not outsell the wii, mobile phones & tablets have taken the wind out of the handheld sales (pun).

3DS will outsell the Wii Though, How much sales do you think 3DS Will Even Have lifetime?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
daveJ said:

20 million 2014
20 million 2015
20 million 2016

3DS will outsell the Wii Though, How much sales do you think 3DS Will Even Have lifetime?

We need to see what sales it has this holiday to see what its yearly average might be. Even so it doesn't look like 20m a year is going to be a piece of cake, definitely doable this year tho.

spurgeonryan said:

Next year they will be cut in half if they are lucky. ????

But is cutting these two juggernauts in half fair? When the 3DS released, DS sales went from 20 million for the year, to 8 million for the year.

But the 3DS is backwards compatible. If your DS breaks down and you have a huge DS library (or if you come late to the party and want to catch up on some DS games), you can buy the new model and play the DS games on the 3DS. Some people even play DS games emulated on their high end smartphones.

If your PS3 breaks down and you have a huge PS3 library (or if you come late to the party and want to catch up on some PS3 games), your only option is to get a PS3. Sure, there is the promise of Gaikai, but it will only have a small selection of PS3 titles in the first years... and many many people will not have stable and affordable broadband internet connections which are essential for lagfree game streaming.

The same goes for 360 games. The PS3 and 360 sales will go down when XBO and PS4 hit the market, but not so fast as the DS sales.

Seece said:
tbone51 said:
daveJ said:

20 million 2014
20 million 2015
20 million 2016

We need to see what sales it has this holiday to see what its yearly average might be. Even so it doesn't look like 20m a year is going to be a piece of cake, definitely doable this year tho.

20mil per year? I wish! 20mil this year is debatable for sure cuz of 2DS and pokemon (+LoZ for US). The following 2-3years i can see 3DS doing 14mil-17mil if 2DS is a hit and we'll have pokemon Z or Remakes in 2015 so that helps. MH should definitely stay on 3DS even if multiplat cuz i mean Capcom needs money!

3ds won't make any year 20m during it's life cycle. Let alone outsell Wii before X360/PS3.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
3ds won't make any year 20m during it's life cycle. Let alone outsell Wii before X360/PS3.

this year it has a chance though