By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you a drinker? Do you plan on being a drinker (if underage)?

epsilon72 said:
No...I'd rather have my mental faculties intact.

lol...what a nice way to put it

Around the Network

Nope. Tried it. Wasn't worth the price, or the effect. Which was basically the equivlent of eating a bunch of sugar and staying up for a day.

Also, a beer tab usually runs up the price of a videogame. Either new or used depending on where you go. The game is probably going to give me a better time and cost less.

I do occasionally drink... but these occasions are limited to places where i am subjected to Karoke, or really akward situations where the alchohol is free.

In otherwords.  Emergencies. 

Not heavy right now, but it's fun to drink with friends. Plus, my father does a lot of homebrewing. Some of the best stuff I've ever tasted. He won best in show in a contest where 400 beers were entered last year.

ikilledkenny said:
Not heavy right now, but it's fun to drink with friends.

same, except karaoke is always involved when I drink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Yep. I drink often socially and every two or three weeks will actually get drunk. It can be quite amusing and lead to interesting situations, you just need to be somewhat responsible so that you don't get hurt/hurt a mate/start hitting on your mates missus.

Although I must admit I hate brown spirits, rum and bourbon and stuff. I prefer either beer, vodka or girly drinks.

I really don't understand people who go out and get drunk for days in a row though, I have only ever tried two nights and its just too much effort. Plus the liver must take a hammering if you're constantly pouring more alcohol than it can process.

Also we do have a binge drinking culture here, most people get drunk by the time they hit highschool (about 13), personally I first got drunk at 14.

Around the Network

i drink socially

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Yes... I have been drinking since I was 13. Alcohol is not bad if you know your limits and find a suitable drink for yourself. In all my years of drinking, I have only been truly drunk once and what a great night that was but a messed up morning (Hangover FTL).

~Now Playing~
PC: Max Payne 3, World of Warcraft

X360: MW3, Skyrim

PS2: Persona 4

Last Purchase(s): Max Payne 3, WoW Game Time Next Purchase(s): None at the moment... 

Gamertag: InfernoTrell

Rath said:
Yep. I drink often socially and every two or three weeks will actually get drunk. It can be quite amusing and lead to interesting situations, you just need to be somewhat responsible so that you don't get hurt/hurt a mate/start hitting on your mates missus.

Although I must admit I hate brown spirits, rum and bourbon and stuff. I prefer either beer, vodka or girly drinks.

I really don't understand people who go out and get drunk for days in a row though, I have only ever tried two nights and its just too much effort. Plus the liver must take a hammering if you're constantly pouring more alcohol than it can process.

Also we do have a binge drinking culture here, most people get drunk by the time they hit highschool (about 13), personally I first got drunk at 14.

Yeah, I don't see how you put alcohol into your system if you've gotten drunk the night before.  You're hungover, you feel like crap, the last thing you want to do is get drunk and party.

I'm only 19, but from experience, I probably wont. Hate the taste of alcohol.

I'll drink once in a while when I turn legal age (19).

I'll try not to become an alcoholic.

I like beer and wine.