By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Games only possible on Wii U***: 3 minigames found!

Do you know of a game that proves me wrong?

No 44 33.59%

Yes, but you'll just disagree 63 48.09%

Results 24 18.32%

Total:131
kupomogli said:
fordy said:
kupomogli said:
osed125 said:
pezus said:
Especially since both Sony and MS's consoles support second screen gaming as well...

Anything the WiiU can do with the pad, the other consoles can do with tablets or phones

If you have 4 hands sure.

Vita.  Has console controls on it.  Four hands not required.

Were you also one of those hypocrites who slammed Crystal Chronicles for requiring a GBA to play in multiplayer?

Even if you were correct, which you're not, you might want to edit your post and be a little bit more tactful in your reply unless you want to be reported.  And no, I didn't slam Crystal Chronicles for requiring a GBA to play multiplayer.  I made the assumption that PSP was the first to do remote play gameplay because I only played Crystal Chronicles which only used the GBA as a menu/map.  Apparently with Four Swords and another game, the action takes place on the GBA.  If you would like to view the post, here you go.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5605418

I could just as well warn YOU of a report, for an ACTUAL threat in response to ASKING if you were a hypocrite.

On your original topic, yes games like Crystal chronicles were highly criticised for gameplay over a separately purchased handheld.

That was the GBA. Could you imagine the backlash if that occured with a less popular handheld?

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
green_sky said:
F...

On four 3DSs. Multiplayer on the Wii U allows games that need to be played on different systems/online to be played locally, but the gameplay is still possible elsewhere. Gamer looks cool, and I'll have to think about it. Off the top of my head I'd classify that as a similar mechanic to the backpack in ZombiU.

i think that sums up the wiiU very well.  ..especially online enabled vita games as vita has a touch screen.  wiiU doesn't do anything online can't do in terms of ayschronous gameplay.  i remember people showing nintendo lands luigi's mansion gameplay as an example of something the wiiU can uniquely do but fundamentally it's the same gameplay as uncharted 3's "marked man" (or whatever the relavent mode is called in any other online multiplayer game).

games like zombie U may feel good with the "survival pack" but it's not anymore unique then say dead space's hud.  it may feel different/good having the second screen but the gameplay isn't unique.

bananaking21 said:
fordy said:
pezus said:
Especially since both Sony and MS's consoles support second screen gaming as well...

Anything the WiiU can do with the pad, the other consoles can do with tablets or phones

...except with feedback latency

im guessing you havent seen the vita remote play

Not only have I seen it in action, I'm well aware of Sony and Galkai's efforts to "reduce the amount of latency as much as possible". However, given it's across the TCP protocol, there's only so much you can do before the underlying structure becomes the burden.

Why do you think Nintendo went with propietary technology on this?

ZombiU would have no where near the same intensity without the dual screen usage.

I thought this was going to be another power comparison thread, thank you for not going down that route.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
ZombiU would have no where near the same intensity without the dual screen usage.

Amen. You don't realize how big of a deal it is until you play the game. The demo alone messed me up so bad that I'm too much of a wuss to buy the real game.

pezus said:
osed125 said:

If you have 4 hands sure.

2 hands and a lap

That would be extremely uncomfortable.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Let's wait and see. I keep hearing X could be a game that is unable to be duplicated on current gen without significant downgrades. I am neither a proponent or an opponent of this argument, but I am willing to wait and see and make my own judgement when it launches.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I'm a little confused about your OP, Joe. Is it just to prove that no game idea necessitates the Gamepad? That may be true, but the GamePad allows a lot of cool functions: five-player local multiplayer, asymmetrical multiplayer, off-screen play, plus a bunch of other features that haven't been presented yet.

But, again, the OP is strange to me. Super Mario 64 doesn't NEED an analog stick, but it sure makes the game a whole lot better.

Weedlab said:
Let's wait and see. I keep hearing X could be a game that is unable to be duplicated on current gen without significant downgrades. I am neither a proponent or an opponent of this argument, but I am willing to wait and see and make my own judgement when it launches.

Someone didn't read the OP.

Nintendo and PC gamer