By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If/When Will PS4/XBOne outsell the WiiU?

When will one of the consoles pass the Wii U?

Before Christmas 58 17.11%

After Xmas, before end of Fiscal Year 63 18.58%

After Fiscal Year, before next summer 45 13.27%

After next summer, before end of next summer 14 4.13%

After end of next summer,... 22 6.49%

During 2014 holiday season 31 9.14%

After 2014 holiday season 26 7.67%

Never 80 23.60%

Total:339
fatslob-:O said:
Why on earth is there alot of peope voting never when the WII U itself is doing pretty poorly.

Maybe seing PS3's resurrection. But thinking again, PS3 never sold so bad. A more correct comparison could be: if either PSV or Wii U will make a sensational comeback, there will be hope for the other too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

December 25th

zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Only people that will go for WiiU are Nintendo fans, and they already bought one.
Also, some parents will buy one so the kids don´t go psycho after playing CofD. Big mistake, since CofD is coming to WiiU too.

Nintendo fans already bought one? What makes u think just because ur a fan of something means u go out and buy it right away? By that logic all products would sell there lifetime totals almost immediatly.

Also Wii had Call of Duty and that didnt stop parents from buying it.

Yes, it is just too messy, you know? The whole setup of the WiiU, even the WiiFit thing, you need like 6 perypherals along with the thing, and all the crap EA gave to Nintendo, and Rockstar saying "no means no" to them. I don´t know man, it really doesn´t look good to me, do you understand?

We will see, but, I really don´t see any changes like: "Wow, a Donkey Kong game?? Gotta play that!!!" 

It is just to little in my opinion, maybe I am wrong.

That has nothing to do with what I said. U claimed that Nintendo fans already bought a Wii U and im asking what makes u think all Nintendo fans have bought one already?

What makes me think that? I don´t know, I guess I have to stand corrected on this one. I like Sony and only bought a PS3 3 years and half after the launch.

Let me rephrase it: a lot of the hardcore Nintendo fans, that just have to play every Mario and Donkey Kong game, already bought the WiiU, of course more will come, but not dozens of millions.

The thing is, the WiiU was launched as a system less powerfull than the 7 years old consoles that it was suppose to bury, that makes it hard for people to want it without DOZENS of killer exclusive games.

And I don´t see Zelda WWHD, MK8 and DKTFreeze as the saviors, it is a start, of course, but it will take at least 2 more years and a LOT of effort to make the WiiU a really compelling console for the general, non hardcore Nintendo fan, gamer.

What makes me think? The crazy fans bought the console outta of faith, like I did with the Vita, the rest of us need more incentive. I will buy a WiiU if at some point there is at least 10 amazing exclusives that appealed to me on the system, the key expression is "to me". Every gamer will ask that: what is in the system FOR ME?

For example, I had a 360, still have, 46 games, Jasper 60GB, great console. I bought a Slim PS3 because of these exclusives, that appealed A LOT to me:

1 - MGS4

2 - Killzone 2

3 - Uncharted 1

4 - Uncharted 2

5 - Demon´s Souls

6- Siren Blood Curse

7- Heavy Rain

8 - Infamous

9- LittleBigPlanet

10- Valkyria Chronicles (specially this one).

So, I bought all these games in a very short period of time, because I was, in some case, thinking and hearing about them for a long time.

The WiiU still don´t have this kind of MUS PLAY NOW game, at least not this many games.

To me, it is ZombieU and Pikmin 3. I usually don´t like the Platinum games, so Wondefull101 is out for me. 

Understand this: I like Nintendo, I had a NES and a SNES, I OWN a 3ds. I am just being sincere about the WiiU. And, as a example, I love the Vita and I realize it is pretty much done right now.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Zero999 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
zorg1000 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Only people that will go for WiiU are Nintendo fans, and they already bought one.
Also, some parents will buy one so the kids don´t go psycho after playing CofD. Big mistake, since CofD is coming to WiiU too.

Nintendo fans already bought one? What makes u think just because ur a fan of something means u go out and buy it right away? By that logic all products would sell there lifetime totals almost immediatly.

Also Wii had Call of Duty and that didnt stop parents from buying it.

Yes, it is just too messy, you know? The whole setup of the WiiU, even the WiiFit thing, you need like 6 perypherals along with the thing, and all the crap EA gave to Nintendo, and Rockstar saying "no means no" to them. I don´t know man, it really doesn´t look good to me, do you understand?

We will see, but, I really don´t see any changes like: "Wow, a Donkey Kong game?? Gotta play that!!!" 

It is just to little in my opinion, maybe I am wrong.

I didn't know the balance board counted as 6 add-ons.

Yes, I did not had a Wii, so I have to buy Wiimotes, that navigator thingy, batteries, rechargers, that Bar thingy, the stopwatch deal and the Balance board. 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Zero999 said:
obviously. most of the nintendo fanbase is waiting for some key titles to make their purchase, or simply can't afford one imedeately.

and the release of ps4/xone won't affect it this holidays since we all know the people buying them never had another system in mind for this year.

That is not really true, is it? I was thinking about buying a WiiU the whole year, but the reports about butchered ports and 3rd party bailing out were kinda of a turn off.

Also, the two games I thought would be great for WiiU were canned: Aliens and Metro.

I still think about ZombieU though, being a horror fan, it really appeals to me, and Pikmin 3, because I love GOOD RTS, like Tropico and Civ. But it still not enough.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Zero999 said:

I didn't know the balance board counted as 6 add-ons.

Yes, I did not had a Wii, so I have to buy Wiimotes, that navigator thingy, batteries, rechargers, that Bar thingy, the stopwatch deal and the Balance board. 

I don't think you need a wii mote. if you do, batteries and rechargers are not add-ons. what bar thingy? all you need is the balance board really.

Zero999 said:

I don't think you need a wii mote. if you do, batteries and rechargers are not add-ons. what bar thingy? all you need is the balance board really.

Really, how the WiiU know you are making the exercises? The bar is the thing that sees the wiimotes movements, isn´t? Like the eyetoy?

WagnerPaiva said:
Zero999 said:

Really, how the WiiU know you are making the exercises? The bar is the thing that sees the wiimotes movements, isn´t? Like the eyetoy?

I'm pretty sure the sensor bar comes with the wii u and no, it's nothing like eye toy. even if it didn't come, the gamepad has a sensor bar if you need to.

Zero999 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Zero999 said:

I'm pretty sure the sensor bar comes with the wii u and no, it's nothing like eye toy. even if it didn't come, the gamepad has a sensor bar if you need to.

ok, I am sorry.

WagnerPaiva said:
Zero999 said:

The sensor bar (which technically isn't a sensor at all...it's an infrared emitter and the IR camera in the front of the Wii remote is the actual sensor) is only required for the IR pointing.  Gestures and changes in position are calculated inside the controller by the accelerometers.  So if the only exercises you are doing are balanced based, you wouldn't need the IR 'sensor bar'.  But as noted, the 'sensor bar' comes with the Wii U.

Eyetoy/Move work in the opposite manner as you alluded to before.   The glowy ball on the Move controller is the emitter and the Eyetoy camera is the sensor.

The fact they call it a 'sensor bar' on the Wii is probably one of the major reasons people assume it all works like the Eyetoy.  It's definitey poorly named.  The IR Bar rather than IR Sensor Bar would have made much more sense.

The rEVOLution is not being televised