By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If/When Will PS4/XBOne outsell the WiiU?

When will one of the consoles pass the Wii U?

Before Christmas 58 17.11%

After Xmas, before end of Fiscal Year 63 18.58%

After Fiscal Year, before next summer 45 13.27%

After next summer, before end of next summer 14 4.13%

After end of next summer,... 22 6.49%

During 2014 holiday season 31 9.14%

After 2014 holiday season 26 7.67%

Never 80 23.60%

Total:339
Viper1 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Zero999 said:

I don't think you need a wii mote. if you do, batteries and rechargers are not add-ons. what bar thingy? all you need is the balance board really.

Really, how the WiiU know you are making the exercises? The bar is the thing that sees the wiimotes movements, isn´t? Like the eyetoy?

The sensor bar (which technically isn't a sensor at all...it's an infrared emitter and the IR camera in the front of the Wii remote is the actual sensor) is only required for the IR pointing.  Gestures and changes in position are calculated inside the controller by the accelerometers.  So if the only exercises you are doing are balanced based, you wouldn't need the IR 'sensor bar'.  But as noted, the 'sensor bar' comes with the Wii U.

Eyetoy/Move work in the opposite manner as you alluded to before.   The glowy ball on the Move controller is the emitter and the Eyetoy camera is the sensor.

The fact they call it a 'sensor bar' on the Wii is probably one of the major reasons people assume it all works like the Eyetoy.  It's definitey poorly named.  The IR Bar rather than IR Sensor Bar would have made much more sense.

Thanks, did not know that. Never had a Wii.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

My guess is that both consoles overtake it with the PS4 doing so first.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Strange how everyone assumes that PS4 and X1 will just break record number on sales, if you look outside of the "hardcore" gaming community, which is us, (spendong time commenting on gaming forums) but outside of our community, people arent sold on a new console, talk to your co-workers, classmates, No one is even considering it, heck some of my co-workers are planning to buy a 360 for their kids THIS Xmas. I seriously doubt Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft will even come close to making the same numbers this generation as the ones the 360, Ps4 and Wii did. PC gaming is at an all time high, Mobile gaming the same, people have found new ways to game. Just cause the 2k to 3k fans that hang out in these forums are making day one purchases, we dont even cover 0.0000001% of the market.