By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Peter Molyneux: GTA sales aren't impressive

Tagged games:

m0ney said:
Lol did anyone even read what he said? As always something gets pulled out of the context and thrown to dogs to tear apart.

Because of your comment, I went back to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

"The newly released Grand Theft Auto V is a game that's everywhere, you can hardly avoid it. It will achieve around $1 billion in revenue on consoles in just one month.

"Sounds impressive, doesn't it? No. That's not impressive."

Nope, I didn't miss a thing.  That still remains a stupid thing to say.

Around the Network

I hate mobile games. They are pure crap for me, so nothing they achieve will ever impress me, no matter how much money they squeeze out of casuals who have no idea what a real good game is.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Why exactly are some people still taking a guy whose last good game was Fable 1 (over 10 (?) years ago) seriously? It's entertaining to read the shit he says, but that's about it...

In other words, since he didn't make the game its not impressive.

I agree.

GT sales are impressive j/k

Around the Network

Sells more in a day than any of his games have ever sold lifetime.

Just felt like pointing that out.

Good thing he doesn't represent MS anymore :P

But hes trying to say that the sales are front loaded and will drop off. He think games that pull in great numebrs every week, all year, are worth noting.

Makes sense, in a way, but cmon, $800 million is 800 million.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I was watching the bonus round this past Sunday and I had to turn it off half way through listening to this guy's stupidity.

I don't think there's any way around the biggest opening in the history of the industry being impressive, it's a little futile to try and deny it.

You can try and argue there are more modern business models that show more promise in the longterm, that there are more profitable routes, but the reality is no one has EVER been able to pull off what Rockstar did. Literally, ever.

The logical equivalent of what Molyneux is saying is that Usain Bolt running over 23mph isn't impressive because a car can go faster. Usain Bolt is the fastest man alive! Of course it's impressive.

What a goon. This guy has always been a joke... why stop now?