By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm a Red Ring Hero!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Sell that shit and get a PS3.

Not everyone wants a blueray player.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Why would I want two PS3s?

hey, madskillz has two PS3s, right?

, but yeah I think the RROD is when it deteriorates/loosens the solder around the cpu/gpu. The towel trick temporarily fixes it by "resoldering" the area. It's not a permanent fix, though.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

rocketpig said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

The PS3 is just that godly.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I'm proud of going a solid 3 weeks with no Red Ring of Death!

smbu2000 said:
rocketpig said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

hey, madskillz has two PS3s, right?

, but yeah I think the RROD is when it deteriorates/loosens the solder around the cpu/gpu. The towel trick temporarily fixes it by "resoldering" the area. It's not a permanent fix, though.

You rang?

Yes, Mr. Skillz has two PS3s - trying to sell the 40gb PS3, btw - I should take pictures of them because I could just be making crap up ... opps ... I'm not Hillary or Bill Clinton so ...

I had RROD too, and it didn't go away. I'd call for a coffin if it happens like 3-4 times in a row.

@ Rocketpig

I wish you the best on your Red-Light Special ... 

Around the Network
DragonLord said:
GGRRrrrrr....you're making me worry!!! I don't want mine to RRoD until I can pick up and finish Lost Odyssey!!! With my amazing good luck, it will break down half way through the game. It's the main reason I buy most multiplatform games for my ps3.

You owe it to yourself to play this game!!!! Im halfway through disc 2:)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

rocketpig said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

I'll PM you when I get my 360 back Rocketpig. As for selling your system and getting a PS3, thats not an option for me, because the majority of my games aren't available on PS3 and the ones that are don't run as well on PS3 with the exception of Oblivion. Now if I had to pay to have my 360 repaired, it would be something I'd have to consider heavily.

Darc, I would never sell the 360 either. There are too many things about it that I prefer over the PS3, the main ones being game selection and online capabilities.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

watch this and u will see

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1330443021907032470&q=three+PS3s&total=1818&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0 

If it can stay alive for a little while longer hold on to it for a bit. Hopefully it wont break down again, and if it does you may get a refurbrished one with better parts when u send yours in.