By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm a Red Ring Hero!

Sell that shit and get a PS3.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

y is the 360 so unreliable? It seems outrageous!!!!

GGRRrrrrr....you're making me worry!!! I don't want mine to RRoD until I can pick up and finish Lost Odyssey!!! With my amazing good luck, it will break down half way through the game. It's the main reason I buy most multiplatform games for my ps3.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

The towel might work the first few times or so, but definitely be ready to ship it back in. I did the towel thing with mine and it lasted for awhile until it did it again. I think the combination of GOW/humid Japanese summer/poor ventilation in my room (at the time) did it in, hehe!

Since I had already voided my warranty by opening the system, I opted to try and fix the RROD myself (been working fine for well over half a year now :) ), but since you still have your warranty then I'd advise you to be prepared to send it back to MS.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

rocketpig said:

With stars in my eyes...

Well, got the RRoD last night, toweled it up and now it's working again.

Should I coffin it or should I try to eek out a few more months in hope of getting an HDMI unit this summer?

I got my first RRoD a week ago, my first 360 had a disc tray/drive failure, and coffined my system. I will let you know if I get an HDMI and/or falcon unit back.

Around the Network

OMG.....MS most enjoy fixing 360's

I've never had problems with the RRoD neither has any of my friends the only 360 i've seen with RRoD was my brothers launch console that died back in august

rocketpig said:

With stars in my eyes...

Should I coffin it or should I try to eek out a few more months in hope of getting an HDMI unit this summer?

I was under the impression that they simply "fixed" the one you got instead of sending you the latest model.

If they do indeed send new models, then "YES!" my new one is coming in, but then that also begs the question of it 360 numbers are further inflated by these replacement units.

According to most sources, the RRoD issue comes from heat in the unit that does one of two things.

A. Warps the motherboard.

B. Deteriorates the units soldering around the processor.

Most people actually claim that RRoD is actually an inevitability in all 360 consoles, but it will just take some longer than others. That's according to Wikipedia, anyways, which can be false, but as I understand it, until you send yours back in to MS, you'll never be "out of the woods" as it were. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Darc Requiem said:
rocketpig said:

With stars in my eyes...

I got my first RRoD a week ago, my first 360 had a disc tray/drive failure, and coffined my system. I will let you know if I get an HDMI and/or falcon unit back.

Thanks, Darc. PM me when you get it back.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Riot Of The Blood said:
Sell that shit and get a PS3.

Why would I want two PS3s?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/