By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Super Mario game in your opinion!

Your favorite Mario game!

Super Mario Bros 7 4.19%

Super Mario Bros 2 2 1.20%

Super Mario Bros 3 25 14.97%

Super Mario World 17 10.18%

Super Mario 64 33 19.76%

Super Mario Sunshine 9 5.39%

Super Mario Galaxy 34 20.36%

Super Mario Galaxy 2 30 17.96%

Super Mario 3D Land 4 2.40%

Other answer 6 3.59%

Total:167

i really loved most of them, i hated sunshine though.

mario 64 was the only one to make me go WOW! i have to have that!!! and i did everything i could to get the money saved for a n64 and mario 64, saved all xmas, all bday money and all allowance money for months and finally got that bad boy and played the hell out of it. good times. lots of fun on that system. it still works, since the last time i hooked it up a few years ago.

Around the Network

No New Super Mario Bros. options in the poll?

Anyway, my pick is Super Mario 64, followed closely by Super Mario Bros. 3.

I still haven't played Sunshine, but I'm going to have to go with Galaxy.

The 2D Marios are great to say the least, but their magic has been diminished somewhat by the fact that some other games have also managed to capture the same magic, including Nintendo's only Donkey Kong Country series.

64 and Galaxy on the other hand... not only were they the best interpretations of the 3D platformer I've ever played, they were the only competitors. For different reasons. IMO, 64 had better worlds (Bob-Omb Battlefield, Lethal Lava Land, and Tiny-Huge Island are unforgettable), but Galaxy's mechanics and gameplay were more fun, thanks largely to the inclusion of gravity as a major factor. Throw in the dated and frankly less inspired visuals of 64...

And I have to go with Galaxy.

And no, its not just me being a graphics whore. I think Galaxy will look better in 2030 than 64 looks today because of the timeless and inspired art direction.

Love and tolerate.

Super Mario Galaxy.
Pure magic, and one of the greatest games I have ever had the pleasure of playing.

i say best is sunshine. a lot of people dont like it though

Around the Network

Super Mario Kart. One of my favorite games.

But of the platformers, I only like the 2D ones.

''Hadouken!''