By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman Legends ..... great game, great flop

Actually im pretty glad this game got delayed for multiplat release ... imagine the meltdown if this game had the sales is has, but is WiiU exclusive. Guess who would have been blamed for those bad sales.

Around the Network

It's good that it went multiplat then to give it a little boost at least, especially since Wii U can't sell 3rd party games.

Blood_Tears said:
It's good that it went multiplat then to give it a little boost at least, especially since Wii U can't sell 3rd party games.

Maybe you should take a look at how much it sold on each platform. WiiU version outsold any other in PAL charts first week.

IamAwsome said:
Xen said:
erazor said:
Rayman Origins began with sales very poor also, there are many releases until later this year, the gamers have other priorities, GTA5, Beyond, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, PS4...

If those are gamers' priorities, then it makes me even sadder.

Unfortunately, they are, and this will put any game that isn't a big AAA game in the bargain bin in a week. Unfortunately, Rayman was the first. Sonic's Lost World will probably be next. 

Not necessarily. Legends didn't really interest me too much to be honest but Lost World does and I own a Wii U and 3ds.

ElPresidente7 said:
Actually im pretty glad this game got delayed for multiplat release ... imagine the meltdown if this game had the sales is has, but is WiiU exclusive. Guess who would have been blamed for those bad sales.

Yeah, lol, that's true.

Around the Network

the wii u version flop is explained by the delay.
in feburary, the gamepad was a novelty, and people buy the games for it. if zumbi u was released now in september it would never get 400 thousnd.
also the intern competition, the e3 announces, pikmin, zelda, etc. in feburary there wasnt a competition.

The problem is kids aren't supporting these games.

If I was 9/10 years old I would be really interested in something like Wonderful 101 ... but today's kids seem to have no interest.

Ditto for Puppeteer, honestly it seems like it's a small niche group of hardcore adult fans that support these games.

Xen said:
erazor said:
Rayman Origins began with sales very poor also, there are many releases until later this year, the gamers have other priorities, GTA5, Beyond, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, PS4...

If those are gamers' priorities, then it makes me even sadder.

How people spend their money is their business. I was getting this in February but Ubisoft changed that. So I am changing when I get this. 101 needs my money more than this. And I have to get gta 5. And dragon crown took away the money I had for this. So I might get this February of next year. I was never a fan of the series. The challege app and demo changed that but not enough to make me want this over the games I mentioned. And Ubisoft had little advertising for this so maybe blame them for not believing in a game with good scores. 

Guess we have to wait a little longer, when the Wii U Price Cut comes to life with a Zelda Bundle. There is a good chance, that this will help to push salesof the game. When Pikmin 3 came out, ZombiU made an appearance with I guess at 5000 on Place 53, and the 2 followed weeks on place 63. So could Rayman.

ElPresidente7 said:

...very good idea !