By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

900 vs 1080? Really? Is this the type of thing that keeps people up at night, thinking "oh my God if only I got the right console!!!!"?

Around the Network
Licence said:

900 vs 1080? Really? Is this the type of thing that keeps people up at night, thinking "oh my God if only I got the right console!!!!"?

Well t is alot of money to spend for some people they don't want to be stuck with the crap versions of games when they have near identical libraries. 

Meanwhile on PC... 1440p resolutions at 120fps

I honestly don't think anyone realistically expected next gen consoles to be powerhouses at those pricetags. It'll all be about the games as always.

Are these running at 60 FPS? If they aren't then this a bit surprising.

I've always thought that most console devs are going to choose snazzier effects over 1080p and 60 FPS. And generally do 1080p@30FPS or 720p or however much they can push upscaled to 1080p @ 60 FPS depending on what fit the games better.

Edit: I do think PS4 will have more 1080p+60FPS simply because it makes the port simpler from x1. For instance if they get an x1 game 1080p+40FPS but have to Vsync it which takes it down to 30FPS. The PS4's assumed 50% increase will allow them to vsync it at 60 FPS.

kowenicki said:
What will people say when there are a raft of ps4 games than not only don't achieve 60fps, but are also sub 1080p? I'm sure there are already examples.

Just yesterday we had people downplaying 1080p and 60fps for Bayonetta 2 (it's gameplay that counts!) now it will be a minumum again and ridiculous that Da XBone can't achieve it.

pathetic and boring, transparent and childish.

Forza 5 1080P 60FPS Baked lightning.

Cars look like toys.

Current gen environments.

Killer Instinct 720P 60FPS

2.5D fighting game lol. 

Dead Rising 3 = 24 - 30FPS with dynamic resolution.

Rye = 900P 30FPS

Killzone  1080P 30 - 60FPS

Knack = 1080P 30FPS

Resogun 1080P 60 FPS

Driveclub 1080P 30 - 60FPS. 

The only non 1080P game on PS4 is The Order and that's because they're adding black lines at the top and bottom of the screen for cinematic purposes. Also don't knows why you're mad, not like I ever said 1080P isn't important as it should be a standard for next gen seeing as 4K TVs will be the norm by generations end. Fact of the matter is...the only 1080P native game on X1 we've seen uses last gem features to seemingly achieve it. 

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
Licence said:

Well t is alot of money to spend for some people they don't want to be stuck with the crap versions of games when they have near identical libraries. 

Surely you know that Ryse is an exclusive? "People" surely know that 3rd party games will be near identical...

Not sure what the point of your post is.

kowenicki said:
NYCrysis said:
kowenicki said:
What will people say when there are a raft of ps4 games than not only don't achieve 60fps, but are also sub 1080p? I'm sure there are already examples.

Just yesterday we had people downplaying 1080p and 60fps for Bayonetta 2 (it's gameplay that counts!) now it will be a minumum again and ridiculous that Da XBone can't achieve it.

relax u seem to be very upset and ar starting to spout out nonesense. The "raft" of sub 1080p non 60fps games? what the hell are u going on about? The only thing transparent is that u seem to be in a very defensive mode regarding this news. 

Far from upset. Just sat in the office, drinking a coffee, checking the Internet and laughing at hypocrisy.

Where you really do seem to be on the offensive however. So how will you view sub 1080p ps4 games? How will you comment/defend/justify?

(that joke still wasn't funny first time, when you read it on GAF)

Well a joke being funny or not is subjective. I found it funny on gaf so i posted it here too. I didn't know That i'm in school and have to reference everything which is what you seem to be implying mention it over again. 

Regarding sub 1080p 30fps games... I'll be honest that the order is rendered at 1920 x 800 but ill try to take the devs. word for it that they chose the resolution cause they wanted it to be a cinematic experience. However every other ps4 1st party yet has been 1080p. While xbox one has 2 that arent and with dead rising there is a rumor of a dynamic resolution going around. 

Speaking of hypocracy I remember xbox fans gloating about 1080p 60fps a lot which is not the case for most xb1 games while the ps4 has a couple with killzone sf's mp and resogun. Driveclub could also hit that mark but that's still not confirmed. Hell even titanfall devs aren't sure if they can do 1080p on xb1 for tf because they want 60fps.  But yea so far it's been pretty obvious at the ps4's graphical advantages vs xb1. 

kowenicki said:

You know, it's funny, because last generation, graphics did seem to matter a lot. All those years I kept hearing how there's no way avoiding the 360 because of the better multiplats. Now, we don't know yet if the PS4 will get better Multiplats. But if that will be the case, why doesn't it matter anymore? 

And on top of that, the thing is 100 $/€ cheaper. So I think it is of interest for anyone who doesn't care for Kinect. Why buy an inferior console for a higher price?

Sony just did a better job on the hardware front. There's nothing wrong with appreciating that. You are right when you say it's all about the games. but the Xbone is still the weaker system. If that matters is completely subjective. 

As of now, no PS4 game is announced that will be running sub 1080p. BF4 ran 720p, but the devs already stated that the game is running 1080p on devkits an will run at 1080p native when released. Other than that, a quick google search didn't bring up any title on the PS4 running below 1080p. Maybe it doesn't matter to you. It doesn't matter to me, I'm fine with 720p. But I'm sure there are people out there who care about a higher resolution.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

CGI-Quality said:
Panama said:
Meanwhile on PC... 1440p resolutions at 120fps

Sorry for the off-topic:

Whoa, where? Which monitor does this? I need that!

one sec

there's a lot of them. At varying costs and quality. There's also like 2560x1600 which is 16:10. They're only 27 inch and above. So if you compare it to a 22 inch monitor it's got like 33% more pixels per inch.

OdinHades said:
kowenicki said:

You know, it's funny, because last generation, graphics did seem to matter a lot. All those years I kept hearing how there's no way avoiding the 360 because of the better multiplats. Now, we don't know yet if the PS4 will get better Multiplats. But if that will be the case, why doesn't it matter anymore? 

And on top of that, the thing is 100 $/€ cheaper. So I think it is of interest for anyone who doesn't care for Kinect. Why buy an inferior console for a higher price?

Sony just did a better job on the hardware front. There's nothing wrong with appreciating that. You are right when you say it's all about the games. but the Xbone is still the weaker system. If that matters is completely subjective. 

As of now, no PS4 game is announced that will be running sub 1080p. BF4 ran 720p, but the devs already stated that the game is running 1080p on devkits an will run at 1080p native when released. Other than that, a quick google search didn't bring up any title on the PS4 running below 1080p. Maybe it doesn't matter to you. It doesn't matter to me, I'm fine with 720p. But I'm sure there are people out there who care about a higher resolution.

I think we should wait for games to be released and analyzed by DF and co. GT5 was also said to be 1080p while it was 1280x1080 and not 1920x1080. Concentrating on one parameter where two are available is nonsense.