By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crazy Question/Prediction: Will Microsoft buy SegaSammy due to $ woes?

shams said:
Would SEGA *want* to be purchased to MS? I just much doubt it.

Its also hard to believe Sega are doing that badly (although I'm sure Sammy are suffering, and may not be questioning the partnership) - M&S sold a solid 3m units, plus 300k to date on the DS.

Maybe they just aren't making that much money off the title

Well Sega doesn´t really have a lot to say about that. If Microsoft or any other company offers enough money per share the shareholders will sell their shares to Microsoft. It´s as simple as that.

Mario & Sonic is doing very good so is GhostSquad, so they might be on their way back. But SegaSammy has a lot more business than just Sega games.

To rocketpig: I personally haven´t lost all hope yet (but I´m close). Sonic and the Secret Rings was ok (best Sonic in years) and hopefully Sega can improve from there. Furthermore GhostSquad and House of the Dead are not fantastic titles, but they are a lot of fun. Wii might be Sega´s saviour (how ironic). 

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Oh god I hope MS doesn't buy them....

we don't want to see a RARE 2 problem arise..where all old devs leave leaving new crappy people...

Ninty WILL buy Sega within the next 2 years, I am sure of it

Honestly, how much worse could it get?

Rocketpig is right Darthdevidem. With the exception of Yu Suzuki, Sega's talent has already left. Once Sammy took over and started screwing with the development structure they took off. 

why do they call it Sega Sammy. the Sammy part sounds so gay.

Just call it Sega.

OT: They should.

I hope the big N does buy them, I'd love to see Miyamoto take control of the next sonic game

'You should try everything once in your life except incest, homosexuality and morris dancing' - Oscar Wylde (sort of)

Yahoo rejected Microsoft's $44b offer.

Now MS is back to having alot of money.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Isn't Sammy the part that makes all those strange coin dropping machines? Maybe MS could save a few bucks by only buying the Sega part.

Soriku said:
ssj12 said:
I'm shocked no one responded my comment since Sony is more likely to buy SEGA then the other 2 companies.

Care to back this up?

Eh it makes sense.  Sega won't sell to microsoft unless they paid so much money it wouldn't be worth it... and the Sonic franchise is the biggest Sega draw, which to Nintendo would just be a junior version of the Mario Franchise and Nintendo wants to stay soley a Videogame buisness. (Sega has other assets that would be costly to liquidate seperately.

So, Sega is the only ones who would likely consider buying them at this point.  Their game division however lacks any clout to get the deal done.  

Then again, it's not like Microsoft hasn't overpaid for stuff before, either way, the farthest Nintendo would go would to buy like a 25% stock in Sega and then steer the company towards the Wii for it's biggest and best games.