By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crazy Question/Prediction: Will Microsoft buy SegaSammy due to $ woes?

Sega was never that successful in Japan, Microsoft buying them for a foothold in the Japanese market that Sega could barely get themselves would be ironic.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Am I the only one who wants to see Sega bought up just so they can be put down like a rabid dog?

My, how times have changed since the Genesis... I haven't liked a Sega game in years.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Expensive killing spree would that be.

Oh god I hope MS doesn't buy them....

we don't want to see a RARE 2 problem arise..where all old devs leave leaving new crappy people...

Ninty WILL buy Sega within the next 2 years, I am sure of it

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It would be a good deal for Microsoft, but the shareholders and staff would be wary. Not only would they would be getting gobbled up by a Western behemoth with little success in the Japanese market, but most of their recent success has been in collaboration with Nintendo. They'd be leaving the only semi-safe harbor they've managed to find since the DC died.

Around the Network

Well Sega´s shareholders would be quite happy I guess. Microsofts a lot less.

darthdevidem01 said:
Oh god I hope MS doesn't buy them....

we don't want to see a RARE 2 problem arise..where all old devs leave leaving new crappy people...

Ninty WILL buy Sega within the next 2 years, I am sure of it

Honestly, how much worse could it get?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Would SEGA *want* to be purchased to MS? I just much doubt it.

Its also hard to believe Sega are doing that badly (although I'm sure Sammy are suffering, and may not be questioning the partnership) - M&S sold a solid 3m units, plus 300k to date on the DS.

Maybe they just aren't making that much money off the title.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I'm shocked no one responded my comment since Sony is more likely to buy SEGA then the other 2 companies.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Isn't Sega's only solid source of income their Wii games? How would 360-exclusive Sega games be good when they only make money on Wii games?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.