By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - in which order are the Metroid games played?

Has anyone in this thread mentioned Hunters???

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Story doesn't really matter in the series. It barely exists, and what's there can be missed.

I would recommend going in order of quality. Play either Prime or Super Metroid first. Then play Prime 2, 3, Zero mission, and fusion. The original 2 games are frankly not that fun anymore, I beat them to say I did, and because Metroid is my favorite, but really they have aged awfully.

Metroid Other M is not a game you should play. Do you understand me dammit. Please for the love of everything, don't touch that donkey nut buried in turtle stool.

i love the gameplay of other m.
but i played prime, super and zero mission, both are far better than other m.

Just play Prime 1, Prime 3, and Super Metroid. Forget the rest.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Why all the Other M hate? Its a 2D game with 3D perspective in its entirety ( No this isnt a 2.5D game, dont call it that, does it look like the Might No.9? No it doesnt,does it look like Castlevania? No? Sit down)

All it does is retcon a few things here and show the vulnerabilites that Samsu had, (seriously Ridley was a ghost and that metroid sacrificed itself, she has PTSD,I've had a panic attack myself, hyperventalating is not fun)

Metroid has a story, a deep one infact,there is an etire run down of its Lore and Ethos online, written in article form.

Next Metroid should take place after the GBA game or Metroid Prime Corruption.

Around the Network

I love every metroid game, to me the story as a whole is not that important, it´s pretty cool but you don´t really need to play them in order and you can always read a synopsis if you are really interested. Oh and i would say give a try to other m, it can be a hit or miss but now that you can find it cheap there is really not much to loose and who knows, maybe you will end up liking it

spurgeonryan said:
Other : M, since that is the only new one I have played more than 10 minutes.

but it's the only new one!

we haven't had another Metroid game in ages T-T

I picked up Other M a while back just to see what all the fuss was about. I really don't get it. People bash Nintendo for poor story/character development, they expand the story, add to her character, and people bash them for it.

Hunters???
Anyone???

Have a nice day...

_crazy_man_ said:
Anfebious said:
Go in order! Here it's the order!
-Metroid Zero Mission
-Metroid 2
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Metroid Prime 3

And if you want you can try Metroid Other M! I heard the plot was bad but the gameplay was good enough!

Prime series takes place directly after Zero Mission / Metroid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid

Metroid/Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid II
Super Metroid
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Fusion

that's the proper order.

My advice, play the 2 main trilogies in order, and not the entire franchise. i.e. Play Metroid Prime 1-3, or play Zero Mission/II/Super/Fusion. If anything switch it up because of the different gameplay.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results