By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - in which order are the Metroid games played?

I'm new to this series (where has it been all my life).

i wanna play the games in the correct timeline's order (the one without Other M, i heard it's garbage)

I've started with Zero mission since that's a remake of the original Metroid title.

anyone help me out?

Around the Network

Go in order! Here it's the order!
-Metroid Zero Mission
-Metroid 2
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Metroid Prime 3
And if you want you can try Metroid Other M! I heard the plot was bad but the gameplay was good enough!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Zero Mission / Metroid
Prime series
Metroid 2
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

Try and avoid Other M

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Anfebious said:
-Metroid Zero Mission
-Metroid 2
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Metroid Prime 3
And if you want you can try Metroid Other M! I heard the plot was bad but the gameplay was good enough!

The gameplay was good enough if you never  played a  Metroid game before. Exploration is what defines Metroid. Other M lacked what defines Metroid.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Anfebious said:
-Metroid Zero Mission
-Metroid 2
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Metroid Prime 3

Prime series takes place directly after Zero Mission / Metroid

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Anfebious said:
-Metroid Zero Mission
-Metroid 2
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Metroid Prime 3

The gameplay was good enough if you never  played a  Metroid game before. Exploration is what defines Metroid. Other M lacked what defines Metroid.

yeah that's what i heard, i've been addicted to Zero mission lately, the exploration and the sense of unknown is a lot more immersive than i though it would be!

Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion.

I'd say not to bother with the 3D ones or Metroid 2. All you need to know about Metroid 2 is at the beginning of Super Metroid.

Fusion is a bit linear as well.

Metroid 2 is gonna be kinda a let down after playing Zero Mission (not so much if you played the original Metroid).

Prime series doesn't really add much to the overall story (minus the ending of Prime 3 and involvement of the Galatic Federation in Prime 2 and 3).  

To really enjoy the story of the Prime series, SCAN EVERYTHING.

kupomogli said:
Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion.

I'd say not to bother with the 3D ones or Metroid 2. All you need to know about Metroid 2 is at the beginning of Super Metroid.

why? a friend of mine played his old copy of Prime the other day, he let me try it, and damn, that shit's amazing!

cheesecake said:
AZWification said:
Anfebious said:
-Metroid Zero Mission
-Metroid 2
-Super Metroid
-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Metroid Prime 3

yeah that's what i heard, i've been addicted to Zero mission lately, the exploration and the sense of unknown is a lot more immersive than i though it would be!

Exactly. If you enjoyed all the exploration then you have no reason  whatsoever to play Other M. Just play the Prime games and Super Metroid.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---