By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox fans, Y U No Vote?

Tagged games:

Kresnik said:
Most Wanted is a fun thread every month. I enjoy reading through it.

Whatever the size of the Microsoft fanbase on VGChartz, it is still significantly under-represented in Salnax's threads every month. So it's nice to see him going out there trying to canvas a few more votes. While I suppose I do understand this defeatist "why bother?" attitude, it's not like there's particularly any merit to one machine winning the monthly vote. It just gives a nice overview of what the community is looking forward to on each platform.

So yeah. Go vote!

Thanks for the endorsement!

Going off of what you said about the defeatist attitude, there's more to the vote than just your platform winning. There are games like Grand Theft Auto 5 that only won in past month thanks to support from people voting for the 360 version. The same principle applies to games like Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and even games like Watch Dogs, in that they wouldn't have done so well with just PlayStation, Nintendo, and PC support.

And then there are publishers, who are also represented independently of platform. Feeling excited about EA's efforts on the Xbox One like Battlefield, Star Wars: battlefront 3, Mirror's Edge 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Titanfall? Vote for some of them. At very worst, their appearing on the monthly results reminds people that they exist and ultimately does no harm.

But even then, it's not really about your favorite games or whatever winning. If it were, I would have been very disappointed back in the Janurary edition when the PS3 got about twice as many points as my beloved Nintendo platforms combined. It's about learning about people on VGChartz, getting an indicator of our levels of hype, and plain old messing around with tables, charts, and graphs on a website called VGChartz.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

I used to vote then I realized not many people voted in general and it is not really an accurate picture of what all vgc members are really hyped for. People seem to vote for exclusives just because they are exclusives.

4% is also the amount of people owning xbox systems on this site lol

probably little bit more

chocoloco said:
I used to vote then I realized not many people voted in general and it is not really an accurate picture of what all vgc members are really hyped for. People seem to vote for exclusives just because they are exclusives.

To an extent that's true, but it's an overgeneralization. If people focused on exclusives, games like Grand Theft Auto wouldn't have topped the charts.

Alas, one of the reasons it seems like people mainly focus on exclusives is Nintendo fans. We have a troubled relationship with non-exclusive games, and make up a third of the site. That kind of skews it.

Love and tolerate.

This thread will just have People complain they are so small in number and this thread wll actually show that isnt the case but those people still wont do anything about it.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
JEMC said:

Only 30 points for a console that is about to launch is, and I'm sorry to put it this way, pathetic. I'm sure the dying (or so they say) PC has a lot more points than that!

Actually, the 30 points includes 360 votes. We still have a Fable game on the way for that platform.

As for the PC, it isn't doing that much better than the Xbox. But considering this site's inability to track PC games on a regular basis and the much smaller size of the PC forum compared to the Nintendo, PlayStation, and even Xbox forums, that's to be expected.

Hmm, that must mean that zarx still hasn't voted. With him and okr that only vote for PC games, that would already be 30 points, and there are others that have 1 or 2 games listed for PC.

The problem, I think, is that MSoft has "made a Nintendo" and have left the 360 without meaningful games for the last 6 months, multis aside. That and the fact that we tend to focus on exclusives (because most of the time those games that get more hype from the media and platform holders), ment that besides GTA V there wasn't a lot to vote, and with GTA not being eligible this month... well, only 30 points.

And there is also the power thing. Most of the people here are so focused on proving that the X1 is more powerful than it looks or minimize the dif. in power that they forget the games. I mean, every time one of those threads appear, I see people claiming how Forza runs 1080p@60 and how beautiful it looks, which I agree, but yet they don't have time to come to your thread and vote for it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Salnax said:
chocoloco said:

To an extent that's true, but it's an overgeneralization. If people focused on exclusives, games like Grand Theft Auto wouldn't have topped the charts.

Alas, one of the reasons it seems like people mainly focus on exclusives is Nintendo fans. We have a troubled relationship with non-exclusive games, and make up a third of the site. That kind of skews it.

No it is just a biased sample no matter what because not many people vote in general. For that matter RPGs are the forums favorite genre as it has been polled. Outside of Japan JRPGs are not very popular. Anyways the poll just feels so biased. And half the games I vote for are usually niche. I do not find it interesting to read what a bunch of one brand only gamers vote for anyways. Just plain boring.

JEMC said:
Salnax said:
JEMC said:

Only 30 points for a console that is about to launch is, and I'm sorry to put it this way, pathetic. I'm sure the dying (or so they say) PC has a lot more points than that!

Actually, the 30 points includes 360 votes. We still have a Fable game on the way for that platform.

As for the PC, it isn't doing that much better than the Xbox. But considering this site's inability to track PC games on a regular basis and the much smaller size of the PC forum compared to the Nintendo, PlayStation, and even Xbox forums, that's to be expected.

Hmm, that must mean that zarx still hasn't voted. With him and okr that only vote for PC games, that would already be 30 points, and there are others that have 1 or 2 games listed for PC.

The problem, I think, is that MSoft has "made a Nintendo" and have left the 360 without meaningful games for the last 6 months, multis aside. That and the fact that we tend to focus on exclusives (because most of the time those games that get more hype from the media and platform holders), ment that besides GTA V there wasn't a lot to vote, and with GTA not being eligible this month... well, only 30 points.

And there is also the power thing. Most of the people here are so focused on proving that the X1 is more powerful than it looks or minimize the dif. in power that they forget the games. I mean, every time one of those threads appear, I see people claiming how Forza runs 1080p@60 and how beautiful it looks, which I agree, but yet they don't have time to come to your thread and vote for it.

You would be right if those thread were populated by x1 fans, they're not. The last one was even posted by Pezus so... yeah, wrong.

Would be nice to make some demographics because the way I see it the xbox crowd has less time, posts less often, shorter answers, reacts more to big news and less to trivia/ fetish/ fandom.

Exactly, for months weve heard how great ryse forza titanfall and KI look but instead youll get people act like there are no ms fans. (Lagend 11 is already making those claims). Wheres the votes from Nsanity, Djevolve, kowenicki, starcraft, legend11, zappykins, machavillian, yojohn, nightsurge, selnor ect ect

fighter said:
JEMC said:
Salnax said:
JEMC said:

You would be right if those thread were populated by x1 fans, they're not. The last one was even posted by Pezus so... yeah, wrong.

Would be nice to make some demographics because the way I see it the xbox crowd has less time, posts less often, shorter answers, reacts more to big news and less to trivia/ fetish/ fandom.

Those threads have more Sony fans, yes... but that's to be expected given that there are more Sony followers on this site and therefore there are also more Sony Fanboys (in the worst sense of the word) that go where they smell blood.

Still, it doesn't goes against the point of making this thread, why don't MS fans vote for their most wanted games? Were are the members that Max has named?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.