By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code Update Poll Who's Gonna Wait For Next Gen Release?

Can You Wait For GTA5 On Next Gen HW

PS4 I'll Wait 93 21.04%

PS3 Cant Wait 74 16.74%

XB1 I'll Wait 27 6.11%

360 Cant Wait 45 10.18%

PC 146 33.03%

Nah Iam Waiting For WiiU Version 12 2.71%

Iam Gonna Double Dip 44 9.95%

Total:441
Carl2291 said:
Would be pretty cool if they did the upgrade thing...

Though if this is true, Id assume it would be a complete edition of the game with the eventual DLC on disc.

What upgrade thing?

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Carl2291 said:

Though if this is true, Id assume it would be a complete edition of the game with the eventual DLC on disc.

What upgrade thing?

buy the ps3 version than pay a small fee for the PS4 release

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/429373/battlefield-4-ps3-copies-include-voucher-for-cheap-ps4-upgrade/

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
Slimebeast said:
Carl2291 said:

What upgrade thing?

buy the ps3 version than pay a small fee for the PS4 release

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/429373/battlefield-4-ps3-copies-include-voucher-for-cheap-ps4-upgrade/

It would surprise me, if Rockstar games makes such an offer... less money in their pockets. They know their sheeps customers, who will pay full for both versions. ;)

walsufnir said:
prayformojo said:
walsufnir said:
prayformojo said:
PS4 GTA exclusivity? That's beyond megaton.

Do you think so? I don't. It will sell massively on current gen and I doubt there will be very good reasons to buy the PS4-version. I think it might look like the pc-version so a current-gen version with higher res and stable framerate.

If GTA 5 is exclusive then I'd bet anything that GTA 6 will be as well. It makes no sense to leave Xbone in the dark with one game and not another.

What?! Sony could've moneyhatted a "special" version of GTA5 for PS4. The game is as exclusive for PS4 (if that happens) as Titanfall to Xbone - it just isn't. No way GTA6 will be exclusive. They need the money from everywhere with costs of such a game.

GTA3-GTA SA were all on PS2 for years without a port because the PS2 was the dominant console. All of those games, particularly SA, had a huge budget as well and would have been better off on all three consoles, but wasn't.

I'm not saying it'll happen, but if the PS4 is PS1 dominant and takes the US, it could happen.

prayformojo said:
walsufnir said:
prayformojo said:
walsufnir said:
prayformojo said:
PS4 GTA exclusivity? That's beyond megaton.

Do you think so? I don't. It will sell massively on current gen and I doubt there will be very good reasons to buy the PS4-version. I think it might look like the pc-version so a current-gen version with higher res and stable framerate.

If GTA 5 is exclusive then I'd bet anything that GTA 6 will be as well. It makes no sense to leave Xbone in the dark with one game and not another.

What?! Sony could've moneyhatted a "special" version of GTA5 for PS4. The game is as exclusive for PS4 (if that happens) as Titanfall to Xbone - it just isn't. No way GTA6 will be exclusive. They need the money from everywhere with costs of such a game.

GTA3-GTA SA were all on PS2 for years without a port because the PS2 was the dominant console.

I'm not saying it'll happen, but if the PS4 is PS1 dominant and takes the US, it could happen.

It won't happen again. And look, Xbox got released and also got ports for GTA. And it was easily dominated by PS2.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

GTA3-GTA SA were all on PS2 for years without a port because the PS2 was the dominant console. All of those games, particularly SA, had a huge budget as well and would have been better off on all three consoles, but wasn't.

For years without a port?

GTA III for PC: 05/20/2002 (6 months after the PS2 version)

GTA Vice City for PC: 05/12/2003 (6 months after the PS2 version)

GTA San Andreas for PC: 06/07/2005 (7 months after the PS2 version)

GTA double pack (GTA3 + Vice City) for Xbox: 10/31/2003 (12 months after the PS2 version of Vice City)

GTA San Andreas: 06/07/2005 for Xbox (6 months after the PS2 version)

The only port which took longer than a year was GTA3 for the Xbox. And that's understandable, since the Xbox had to prove itself first and wasn't even launched at the PS2 release, the EU-launch took another half year.

Conina said:
prayformojo said:

GTA double pack (GTA3 + Vice City) for Xbox: 10/31/2003 (12 months after the PS2 version of Vice City)

The only port which took longer than a year was GTA3 for the Xbox.

And the main reason for the delays were $$$.

Just saw the german advertisement on TV: GTA5 is presented as exclusive to PS3. This is what they did with Diablo 3 and Fifa 12. That moneyhat!

Conina said:
prayformojo said:

The only port which took longer than a year was GTA3 for the Xbox. And that's understandable, since the Xbox had to prove itself first and wasn't even launched at the PS2 release, the EU-launch took another half year.

Console port. It took more then 2 years for GTA3 to get a a port, a year for Vice city and by the time Xbox got SA? The 360 was a few months from launching and the console was dead lol.

My point is, it's happened before. Rockstar has had a relationship with Sony for years and GTA5 being exclusive to PS4, if it happens, is much more significant then some people would make it out to be.

Shinobi-san said:
007BondAgent said:
Shinobi-san said:

Nope I really dont think any company can realistically afford it. I think this goes beyond money.

I think you underestimate what the GTA franchise means to Rockstar. Its their premium franchise. Its not only about making up the lost profit (which is massive they make hundreds of millions on GTA) but everything else as well. A game going exclusive cuts out entire fanbases....it could possible reduce the popularity of the franchise. It can have a massive impact. Negative impact that is.

Why do you think Rockstar tried so hard to get out of the exclusive deal with Sony for GTA4 on PS3? They litererally said they will make Sony another AAA title in return. They knew it would be suicide to make GTA 4 exlusive.

So yeah i highly doubt this is a straight forward moneyhat.

No, sony just didn't want to pay for it anymore, and the reason why rockstar were going to make sony a AAA title in return, is because off la noire

Sorry you are right. MS paid Take Two for GTA4 non exclusivity. 75 million aparently? And that was just to make a game non exclusive. LOL.

They got paid to make more money

In any case i still think you underestimate the cost Rockstar/Take Two will place on an exlcusive GTA without their being any sort of other factors coming into play. Sony cant realistically afford it.

Edit: It might be a case though where a next gen version was not planned at all. And sony paid Rockstar to port the game to PS4. That is possible i agree.

i think MS also paid R* $.5 Billion, just to make the episodes from liberty city DLC timed exclusive for xbox. it came out on ps3 like 6-12 months later.

thats a freakin crap load for timed exclusive DLC