By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which XBOX ONE Kinect 2.0 focused game do you feel is a must own/system seller?

Wright said:
kitler53 said:
Wright said:

D4. You can play it with controller if you want, but it is designed for Kinect. Also, Project Spark.

if memory serves me,. move enabled games like kz3, bioshock infinate, unfinished swan, resistance 3, portal 2, resident evil 5, ect. didn't count because you could also play it with a controller...

Who says it didn't count?

My question had to do with games requiring the Kinect 2.0 sensorbar being system sellers or in big demand by people.  I am curious which ones do.  Stuff like Dance Central is what I had in mind.

Part of the asking of this question is to look at how important the Kinect 2.0 sensor is to desirability of the XBOX ONE.  As of now, it is the top reason for the price difference.  I wanted to see what software is of interest to people, because of it.  What I had been seeing, and was trying to see if i could be corrected here, is people aren't naming games where the Kinect sensor is essential.  I need to get corrected on this that you have core fans on here who are gung ho about the XBOX ONE, who I believe have little interest in Kinect, but believe that it somehow secret sauce for getting the casual crowd of later adoptors pumped.  It is an essential feature they see for the system success that is of little interest, but presumed to be critical to some audience they just don't understand.  And I could be wrong, so I was trying to asking both what was of interest to core people here and also what people here saw as Kinect 2.0 required games that were killer apps.

Around the Network

I haven't seen anything that I would be excited for the kinect.

prayformojo said:
landguy1 said:
That's part of M$'s problem. Or, maybe not. I doubt that M$ would be this smart, They could possibly be waiting for the obvious launch window sellouts to be over so they can launch some great Kinect focused games. This will allow them to get another wave of press and actually have systems for the casual crowd to buy.

I doubt that this is really the case, but you never know. If they are smart, they will bundle some Kinect games with the XB1 come March or April. To stop from upsetting the early buyers, they just give them as digital downloads. This strategy is only really needed if things get really tough for M$.

Actually, this IS what they plan to do. Remember that document that leaked a couple years back that showed their Xbox business outline for this gen? It basically said that they would put all the focus on hardcore games and gamers first, because we are the ones who buy into consoles at launch, then slowly morph into a casual business like the Wii.

They're pretty much going to do what they did this gen, and people are falling for it.

So the idea is to have Kinect as a late adopter must-have feature that early adopters have nointerest in?

kitler53 said:

yeah, agreed.  MS needs to either:

A) show some really great kinect games to show off the value of having kinect bundled in every xbone justifying the $100 price difference with ps4.

B) remove kinect if they don't have any great games elminiting the $100 that is at this point the primary reason xbone is trailing to ps4.

I disagree.

Kinect isn't just about games.

So far, the biggest Kinect game that comes to mind is Disney's Fantasia: Music Evolved. 

Wright said:
kitler53 said:
Wright said:

D4. You can play it with controller if you want, but it is designed for Kinect. Also, Project Spark.

if memory serves me,. move enabled games like kz3, bioshock infinate, unfinished swan, resistance 3, portal 2, resident evil 5, ect. didn't count because you could also play it with a controller...

Xbox fans who couldn't stand the fact that there were more and higher rated games supporting PS Move than games supporting Kinect.

Around the Network
ArnoldRimmer said:
Wright said:
kitler53 said:
Wright said:

Xbox fans who couldn't stand the fact that there were more and higher rated games supporting PS Move than games supporting Kinect.

Since when is something a crowd say a fact?

richardhutnik said:
prayformojo said:
landguy1 said:
That's part of M$'s problem. Or, maybe not. I doubt that M$ would be this smart, They could possibly be waiting for the obvious launch window sellouts to be over so they can launch some great Kinect focused games. This will allow them to get another wave of press and actually have systems for the casual crowd to buy.

I doubt that this is really the case, but you never know. If they are smart, they will bundle some Kinect games with the XB1 come March or April. To stop from upsetting the early buyers, they just give them as digital downloads. This strategy is only really needed if things get really tough for M$.

Actually, this IS what they plan to do. Remember that document that leaked a couple years back that showed their Xbox business outline for this gen? It basically said that they would put all the focus on hardcore games and gamers first, because we are the ones who buy into consoles at launch, then slowly morph into a casual business like the Wii.

They're pretty much going to do what they did this gen, and people are falling for it.

So the idea is to have Kinect as a late adopter must-have feature that early adopters have nointerest in?

I think the idea was to have it there sort of an "we have this other thing too BTW" thing and then down the line, start to bring it more to the forefront.

Project spark and Kinect sports Rivals look really good :).

I'm more interested in using it for UI navigation with both hand gestures and voice commands, snapping to Skype is gonna be sweet.

That said, Project Spark and Sports Rivals are the games that stand out to me. I know MS touted the whole thing from a games perspective with the first Kinect but I think we are at a point where more people will come to appreciate the UI shit. I still think that if it's in every box that there is potential for devs to come up with some really cool games but for me, the games will be a bonus.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Wright said:
kitler53 said:
Wright said:

plenty of people.  here is just the first thread i found but there were plenty more over that era.  ..and this is not just some hit and run by users with 5 post counts,. dirty, sales, and endimion were the ones downplaying non-exclusives in this particular thread.

..that's not to say they don't have a point because to a certain extent they do.  move/kinect enabled games are a great value add but they aren't quite "system sellers".  but on the other hand one or two system sellers but no other support also sucks.  meh.