By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS sees 30% increase in sales year-over-year! Op is strange- be warned

MDMAlliance said:
Mythmaker1 said:
It would appear to be software which is up, and not hardware. I think you sourced a bad article.

Although I guess it makes sense why.  The XL most likely is the reason, but the 2DS should bring things back up to speed and this year should be up YOY.

Hard to say. There's reason to be hopeful with the 2DS, but I have a few niggling doubts.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Mythmaker1 said:
MDMAlliance said:
Mythmaker1 said:
It would appear to be software which is up, and not hardware. I think you sourced a bad article.

Although I guess it makes sense why.  The XL most likely is the reason, but the 2DS should bring things back up to speed and this year should be up YOY.

Hard to say. There's reason to be hopeful with the 2DS, but I have a few niggling doubts.

I think having MH4, Pokemon, and Zelda should have the 3DS up YOY even without the 2DS.

Soundwave said:
Software is up, but hardware is down YoY to date, so the title is misleading.

Software is up mainly because they've released more games this year to date -- last year prior to NSMB2 launching, I think we had like Kid Icarus Uprising and Spirit Camera and Mario Tennis from Nintendo?

This year you have Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem, DKCR, Mario & Luigi.

By how much is hardware down?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well, with more hardware and more games being released, wouldn't software sales always be on the rise until the peak? Kinda obvious, I thought.

fact is it hasn't even touched the year sales of the ds when it was at its peak

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
fact is it hasn't even touched the year sales of the ds when it was at its peak

And again someone is comparing the 3DS with the most selling handheld of all time.

So? i dont see a problem with the sky being the limit.

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The Black 3DS XL will also boost sales during the holiday. Lot of people been waiting for it to upgrade.

kirby007 said:

So I guess we should use the PS2 as a standard for the PS4? So if it doesn't sell as much, we can say "ah, PS4 wasn't that great."  Right?  If not, you're being awfully biased.

MDMAlliance said:
kirby007 said:

So I guess we should use the PS2 as a standard for the PS4? So if it doesn't sell as much, we can say "ah, PS4 wasn't that great."  Right?  If not, you're being awfully biased.

yes bc thats what almost every shareholder does