By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft respond to the EDGE article

PigPen said:
brendude13 said:
PigPen said:

You set yourself up for that one.

There was nothing wrong with my comment, nor am I speaking on behalf of a multi-billion dollar corporation.

But you gave a response, if you're talking on behalf of a multi-billion dollar corporation or not.

And YOU gave a response! What'cha gonna do now!?

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
noname2200 said:
OdinHades said:
Sony proved time and time again that they can 1-up Microsoft pretty easily.

Not looking to start anything here, but: name them please

Zune vs. any Walkman

RROD vs. YLOD

Surface RT vs. Xperia Tablet

Surface Pro vs. Vaio Duo/Vaio Pro

Just what came to mind right now. Also, the DualShock 3 is superior to the XBox Gamepad from a technical view. You can argue that Xbox suits yourself better, but Dualshock has Bluetooth, built-in battery, analog buttons and it is more precise. You can check the latter with a pc.

Your kidding right?

You think a walkman as superior to the Zune?  The walkman digital player was shit and the Zune outsold it by a mile.  Problem was they both sold like 1% of the ipod so it didn't matter.

Congratulating Sony on have a major system flaw that was a disaster and saying that it was better than an even more disasterous system flaw?????

Comparing the non selling sony tablets to M$ non selling tablets is a victory?

And to add to it, calling one controller better than another because you tested it on a PC and you THINK that it is better??

Are you for real???

orniletter said:
OdinHades said:
I understand all that stuff about balanced hardware and blah. The thing is, I don't believe that Sonys Hardware isn't balanced. In fact, when it comes to Hardware, Sony proved time and time again that they can 1-up Microsoft pretty easily. After all, that is to be expected from one of the biggest hardware manufacturers on the planet.

...ehhh, the PS2 and 3 were absolutely horrible to program for, some would call them needlessly convoluted messes even

There are horror storries out there of developers having to wade through phone book sized japanese manuals to get their damn devkit working (in the early days of the PS2)

...and we all still remember how keen developers were on the Cell and the seperated memory pools of the PS3

Yet, the PS2 still holds the record for the home console with the most games... ¬_¬

I remember last gen PS3 was doing the talking and Xbox 360 was doing the selling until the PS3 Slim came out.
Now Xbox one is doing the talking while PS4 already has over 1 million Pre-orders.... And the funniest thing is that Sony hasn't done anything to already be over 1 million pre-orders.

landguy1 said:
OdinHades said:

Zune vs. any Walkman

RROD vs. YLOD

Just what came to mind right now. Also, the DualShock 3 is superior to the XBox Gamepad from a technical view. You can argue that Xbox suits yourself better, but Dualshock has Bluetooth, built-in battery, analog buttons and it is more precise. You can check the latter with a pc.

Your kidding right?

You think a walkman as superior to the Zune?  The walkman digital player was shit and the Zune outsold it by a mile.  Problem was they both sold like 1% of the ipod so it didn't matter.

Congratulating Sony on have a major system flaw that was a disaster and saying that it was better than an even more disasterous system flaw?????

And to add to it, calling one controller better than another because you tested it on a PC and you THINK that it is better??

Are you for real???

Yes, I think this has to be reverse psychology.  Cause pretty much every product they stated the Microsoft one was better, or leagues better.

But they clinched it with this "DualShock 3 is superior to the XBox Gamepad."  It's seems fairly common, even to the most diehard PS fan that the Xbox 360 controller is the best one on the market.  Yes, there is a minority that would disagree, but that minority proves the common opinion.

Well till the Xbox One controller comes out soon.   (singing) 'It's Awesome!"

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
PeterSilenced said:
To be honest the footage from both ps4 and xbone look the same.Y
ou will just spot a diference if you are looking for it and if you are looking for a difference just to inferiorize the guy who owns the opposite console you are not enjoying the game.
So lets just buy a clearly superior xbox one and burn playstation to the ground .yey.

Probably because MS were using PCs instead of devkits.

landguy1 said:
OdinHades said:
noname2200 said:
OdinHades said:
Sony proved time and time again that they can 1-up Microsoft pretty easily.

Not looking to start anything here, but: name them please

Zune vs. any Walkman

RROD vs. YLOD

Your kidding right?

Are you for real???

Without Sony there would not have been a portable music device. The Walkman had been in development since after WW2. This is how far ahead Japan was even after the ashes of war.

It seems they are giving up. Compared to their recent PR responses this was weakest. I was expecting more aggressive comment.

kitler53 said:
man, MS has been playing a lot of defense lately. they had some momentum building there for a while but that seems to all be gone again post gamescom.

Reveals after the 180 stuff didn't pan out.

TheSting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SxyxS said:
complex hardware-but easy to develop???

near final hardware? maybe they refer to the clock-speed up.

This. Microsoft is full of shit. If MS didn't know their tech wasn't as good they wouldn't have been scrambling to catch up in power to Sony. Nice try to change the PR though.

They May be but don't worry it's still going to sell lol. I see a lot of posters that I swear I trying to get ppl to switch to their system of choice. Slick ways of saying bogus shit and all. Well it won't work ladies. This thing is going to sell a lot. 

Less power + $100 more + ? = More sales than PS4 how?  Kinect 2.0?  or is it Ryse or Forza?