By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA4 : 1st PS3 version preview ...

"starcraft,
If you bought an arcade or core, you bought the cheap version. If you bought the cheap version, you are not a hardcore gamer. If you are not a hardcore gamer, you don't have a PS3. If you have a core/arcade and not a PS3, you are not wondering which version to get. You know its 360"

==> sure,
but it means that people will not go buy an Xbox360 arcade+GTA4 (if they know what they buy ofc).
The future owners choice will be :

Elite/Premium
or
PS3

then, without price drop, the PS3 is able to match the Xbox360 offer in term of price (400 vs 350/450)

Ofc, there is also the case of people that will just want to buy GTA4 and dont care of the DLC or extra episode, then the Xbox360 arcade is still the cheaper choice

Time to Work !

Around the Network

coolestguyever,

At best the PS3 will match the Xbox360 version
it will NOT be better technically

and if u have the choice, then go buy the Xboxc360 version
1/ it is cheaper
2/ u will have the 2 new episode (not free but more game content)

Time to Work !

Meh, they haven't shown anything to get excited about, the trailers were kind of crap to be honest, i'm waiting for some gameplay vids.

starcraft said:
@BMaker11

If you bought an arcade or core, you bought the cheap version. If you bought the cheap version, you are not a hardcore gamer. If you are not a hardcore gamer, you don't have a PS3. If you have a core/arcade and not a PS3, you are not wondering which version to get. You know its 360.

Fail.
Or, you're just one of the people that bought a $300 core from 2005-2007. BEFORE games required HDDs (laughs in M$'s face for the whole "we give our consumers options" statement, and now game start to REQUIRE HDDs)

BMaker11 said:
That may be the trigger as to which sells better. Xboxers can't deny the fact that many millions of their brethren DON'T have hard drives, and people that are choosing which version will think "Should I get the PS3 version, or should I get the 360 version? The 360 version has DLC, but I can't download because I don't have a HDD, and I ain't dropping another $100 for an HDD........and MGS4 is coming only to PS3 in a couple of months also" (had to sneak that in there)

How this turns out will be interesting, because taking a look at Burnout, it seems that PS3 software sales are no longer lagging behind 360 sales. And then the added incentives of the big PS3 guns coming out this year vs. 360 install base.....yeah, this will be interesting

Anyone ever hear of denial? c'mon, you honestly think that DLC will prevent core/arcade 360 owners from buying GTAIV? Ever hear of any consoles before the PS2/Xbox? From what I remember, NO games had DLC then and they still sold well.... Anyway, assuming your argument had merit, which is better: plunk down $100 for a HDD or plunk down $400 for a PS3?

Yes, I would like to see the PS3 win and all, but comments like these crack me up.

EDIT: For the record, I do agree it was dumb for M$ not to include an HDD in all 360 models, but that fact is not going to prevent arcade/core owners from buying GTAIV

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

I wonder what the save icon will be. Maybe a DVD? VHS? SNES Controller (this would be hott)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Retrasado said:
BMaker11 said:
That may be the trigger as to which sells better. Xboxers can't deny the fact that many millions of their brethren DON'T have hard drives, and people that are choosing which version will think "Should I get the PS3 version, or should I get the 360 version? The 360 version has DLC, but I can't download because I don't have a HDD, and I ain't dropping another $100 for an HDD........and MGS4 is coming only to PS3 in a couple of months also" (had to sneak that in there)

How this turns out will be interesting, because taking a look at Burnout, it seems that PS3 software sales are no longer lagging behind 360 sales. And then the added incentives of the big PS3 guns coming out this year vs. 360 install base.....yeah, this will be interesting

Anyone ever hear of denial? c'mon, you honestly think that DLC will prevent core/arcade 360 owners from buying GTAIV? Ever hear of any consoles before the PS2/Xbox? From what I remember, NO games had DLC then and they still sold well.... Anyway, assuming your argument had merit, which is better: plunk down $100 for a HDD or plunk down $400 for a PS3?

Yes, I would like to see the PS3 win and all, but comments like these crack me up.

EDIT: For the record, I do agree it was dumb for M$ not to include an HDD in all 360 models, but that fact is not going to prevent arcade/core owners from buying GTAIV

No, I'm not trying to say that core owners won't buy the game. If that's all they have, then they'd buy GTA for 360 regardless. I mean people that either have both, or are on the fence on getting the console, because GTA IS a system seller.

If you are on the fence about which console to get, I think knowledge of games like MGS4 coming about soon would be more incentive to pick up a PS3 than a Pro 360 and just get additional DLC.

If you have both......well that's actually kind of a toss up, since both would be essentially the same. This all taken from the perspective of the core 360

Munkeh111 said:

MGS 4 will only be just over a month away (probably)

Anyway, this game looks insane, it is by far my most anticipated game of the year (I have given up hope of FF XIII coming in 2008)

MGS 4 is probably two months away. If it was coming out in March, it would have made the original first quarter forecast. It should be out in April though.

Deviation59 said:
Munkeh111 said:

MGS 4 will only be just over a month away (probably)

Anyway, this game looks insane, it is by far my most anticipated game of the year (I have given up hope of FF XIII coming in 2008)

MGS 4 is probably two months away. If it was coming out in March, it would have made the original first quarter forecast. It should be out in April though.

I would guess may, but it will still impact the GTA IV HD console sales in the PS3s favour if it is coming out soon. 

"Ne-Yo and R Kelly were heard on the radio"

That's the only bit of bad news right there.