By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - German Hardware Sales (GfK)

if it is after august, then VGChartz is very close with 624k

Around the Network

^ Yeah, I think it should be through August, so VGC & GfK are very close. Good work!

Wow, PS3 overtracked a fair bit....apparently

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Wow, PS3 overtracked a fair bit....apparently

I think you're confused. GfK & VGC numbers are very close. GfK: 640k, VGC: 624k.

Google Translation:

According to the GfK data and information provided by Enteractive GmbH develops the Blu-ray market in Germany still sluggish. The trends for the coming weeks, months and years to see so much more positive. In the period 2007 to the end of August 2008, 34,400 Blu-ray players have been sold (excluding PS3).

Leader in BD player purchase is still the Playstation 3 game console with 690,000 units sold. The number of "pure" BD-user measured at about 15%.

In the field of Blu-ray software have been accumulated in 2008 by CW 1 to Week 40 878,000 units sold.

German

I'm not sure what date the PS3 number is through, but my guess is September. Article is dated October 30. There's a chance it's through October if GfK's month ended on October 25.

Around the Network

@ BKK2 )

well, I don't think they sold 50k PS3s in September alone, so either before the 640k number before wasn't after August (as we asumed) or the 690k is a very new number from mid/end October

Yes, I agree. 50k for September is unlikely, so either:

a) 640k was through July, 690k is through September
b) 640k was through August, 690k is through October
c) GfK has weekly hardware reports

It should be noted that the BD player data in the article was through August, and the BD software data was through September.