By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:96k

I hope it's just the 360 that's horribly over tracked, otherwise it's painful for all. Hopefully we have a really good month this month with Fifa and GTA coming out giving a decent boost, and then gt6 at the end of the year for the ps3. This gen has gone 1 year too far IMO.

Around the Network

Let me know when the other console numbers get in. I could use the laugh

Not sure if a game that bombed on all platforms is a good indicator. Games that are expected to do quite well like Watchdogs and ACIV would make more sense. But I'm no expert so...

kowenicki said:
there goes the $199 myth... what a surprise.

Agreed.

It's just that simple.

I'm glad the 360/PS3 are selling like shit! Consumers are making the right choice. This late in the gen console prices are to high and there being stubborn on price drops. Sony tried to pull one over on consumers this past month with 12gb system for 199. They spent the whole gen advertising downloading movies, music classics games, dlc and day 1 digital. What the hell is somebody going to do with a 12 gb system? I'm glad it bombed.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

you mean third party titles? :P yea but I bet there were projects where the devs/pubs were still deciding on. 

Does anyone know who had the marketing rights for consoles in the NA for the game? 

Anyway I doubt Splinter Cell is the only game anyone is looking at. Disney is surely looking at their Infinity numbers, and Ubisoft must be tracking Rayman as well. Warner Bros must already have been pleased with Scribblenauts sales last Holiday since they greenlit another one for this year; likewise with Batman perhaps.

Yep most definitely. Performance of those games will be considered too. But he said this game was a special case and being watched real closely. And this was said a while back too. I think some decesions will be made now itself cuz of this

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

"According to Nintendo, 190,000 copies of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team were sold in August (combining physical and digital sales), while Pikmin 3 sold 115,000. New Super Luigi U has sold 120,000 combined units across physical and digital."

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Hey Pikmin 3 didn't completely bomb! I wonder how much of that is digital.

The far majority of those Luigi sales must have been digital. VGChartz has it at 24k.

Some more info from Nintendo:

Nintendo reports that 6.47 million 3DS games have been sold so far in 2013, up nearly 30% from 2012. The following 3DS games have sold at least 250,000 combined copies so far this year:

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (863,000)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (739,000)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (406,000 in 2013, 1.85 million total)
Fire Emblem Awakening (390,000)
Mario Kart 7 (352,000 in 2013, 2.84 million total)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (298,000)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (268,000)
Super Mario 3D Land (265,000 in 2013, 2.86 million total)
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (264,000)

M.U.G.E.N said:
"According to Nintendo, 190,000 copies of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team were sold in August (combining physical and digital sales), while Pikmin 3 sold 115,000. New Super Luigi U has sold 120,000 combined units across physical and digital."

Damn Pikmin 3!!! Mario+Luigi Dream Team Did really well! Also NSLU is fantastic in sales! IT only has a week of sales in retail! 60%-70% digital maybe?

Pikmin 3 is overtracked by at least 38k.
That means Tales of Xillia is overtracked by 17k+ and Dragon's Crown is overtracked by 47k+.