By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My fellow Nintendo fans, why can't we be more like Sony fans?

bananaking21 said:
Mr Khan said:

Korean.

korean, chineese, japanese their all good. now we need to find a solution to those people with unicorn avatars. they are the worst!

alicorn.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I'm excited for the WiiU because there's a lot of cool stuff coming out..
I'm dissapointed in the Vita because its garbage compared to the PSP.

I've always wondered this as well. Why can't we be satisfied with Cloudberry Kingdom and, I dunno, Spin the Bottle or some shit? We're a relentlessly negative crowd. And I'm more guilty than most!

Oh yeah, obligatory Wii U sux post.

I won't answer the thread question but I have my theories as to why MANY (not all) Sony fans seem to be always content while SOME (not many) Nintendo fans seem to be rarely content with their respective favorite company.

These theories only apply to consoles. [Handhelds don't matter in this discussion imo, because 3DS and Vita owners seem to be content with the library of their devices; we will never find out if some of them lie, so discussion is futile.]

I think it has to do with
- Nintendo not taking advantage with 3rd party console developers when - as some Nintendo fans hoped - they had the opportunity
- Nintendo not developing or help develop enough new IPs in diverse genres which may not succeed in the mass market but are embraced by (some) company fans and - more important - generate new customers who didn't care about the system before (this is a clear and still unique Sony strength and an advantage in the long run); btw: I'm not talking about IPs like Wii Sports/Fit, Brain Age, Nintendogs or Animal Crossing here - those were huge successes (developing new IPs which appeal to a huge audience is a clear and still unique Nintendo strength and a huge advantage on your bank account)
- many, if not all Sony fans (unknowingly?) accepting and never questioning a strategic change which is not even perceived as a change (maybe because if you were able and willing to perceive it you'd have to admit that Sony decided at some point to follow Microsoft on that route)
- the reassured confidence that Sony is still the only console manufacturer which gets ALL the 3rd party support that matters on consoles (there were many doubts during the early PS3 years - again, mainly thanks to Microsoft - but those are gone)
- mass media

I am not like sony fans, I do not like e-pennis competitions...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
PigPen said:
Pavolink said:
Seece said:
Wasn't it in fact you (might have been someone else) that said Nintendo fans have a deep desire to be loved, respected, on top blah blah blah?

That's news to me. I don't think Nintendo fans deserve to be loved.

What you think is irrelevant.  Nintendo fans also can say the same about you and your console of choice.  And Rol says the Sony fanboys are happy.

How I know you are a Sony fanboy instead of Microsoft is a mystery.

Go on. Do it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

To answer Rol's honest and totally not sarcastic question: Because I'm a filthy casual, not a true gamer :c

Soundwave said:
zippy said:
Soundwave said:

Nintendo fans deserve the most love I think because I think they put up with the most garbage. If Sony or MS tried to do some of the same things Nintendo does (slowwwwwww OS, no account system, no third party support, outdated hardware, console droughts galore, reusing art assets in their biggest franchise) they'd be abandoned in a heart beat by their "fans".

As much flak as MS took for example with the XBox 1, they very quickly changed a lot of their policies after listening to their fans ... lol, Nintendo just does whatever they feel like. For years we had to put up with 512MB of storage on the Wii and the "fridge system" of deleting/redownloading Wiiware/VC content, lol, because Nintendo didn't feel it was prudent to open up SD Card support.

It was only after years of complaints that they allowed for some actual SD Card support. Stuff like that is just one example.

Red ring of death and Playstation network hack says hi. I mean they were pretty garbage also.

Sony/MS certainly have their hiccups, but by and large in 12 years in the business the RROD has been MS' big issue and Sony's network hack that one time and the $600 PS3 were the knocks on Sony, but to be honest that's bad considering how long they've been in the business.

Launch PS1 were plagued with overheating/freezing issues (I had to send mine back when it started messing up a few months after the 6 (or 12 I forget what they had) month warranty ran out and they sent me a newer model after I paid $75).  One temp fix was to flip the PS1 upside down but after awhile that didn't even work.  PS2 disc drives and lens broke all the time (seen countless people state this).  Sony hardware has gotten better but the PS3 had some YLOD. 

Also, it was about 2 years when they added the SD card channel.  Sure that is a little too long but you make it sound like forever.  I remember that I stopped buying games once I hit the limit because I didn't feel like deleting and redownloading.  Hey, at least they didn't make you buy an overpriced hard drive like Microsoft for the 360...

http://kotaku.com/5183763/wii-system-update-adds-play-from-sd-card-support

Also, the Wii U OS isn't slow anymore.  Did you forget to update your Wii U?  Also, another update will come later this year that improves the speed even more.  You seriously can't bitch about the Wii U OS being slow anymore.  Since the OS speed update everything loads just fine (except the occasional freeze/ hang up while loading Netflix or whatever).  You can now turn off the system through the power button instead of having to pull the cord/power.  I can go through numerous of your points and it seems like you like to complain more than what the actual issue is.  Software droughts and 3rd party (mainly western 3rd party support) is about the only valid complaint that I see.

Pavolink said:
PigPen said:
Pavolink said:
Seece said:
Wasn't it in fact you (might have been someone else) that said Nintendo fans have a deep desire to be loved, respected, on top blah blah blah?

That's news to me. I don't think Nintendo fans deserve to be loved.

What you think is irrelevant.  Nintendo fans also can say the same about you and your console of choice.  And Rol says the Sony fanboys are happy.

How I know you are a Sony fanboy instead of Microsoft is a mystery.

Go on. Do it.

You got the gun.

Well I complain because they totally disappointed me with the Wii. I know they're capable of greatness, but almost everything since the Cube has pretty much sucked IMO.