By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Has Only $152 Mil in the Bank

Tagged games:

Horrible. How can such an article be ran and published without accurate facts.

As of Q1 (now), they have over 300 million in cash and short term securities.

Where are they getting their 150 million ''only''

Around the Network

I love how the article sugests deep down would go to the Xbox1 like its a garanteed way to get revenue.

Its not the 360 we're talking about here. The sucess of the X1 is not garanteed at all outside the US.

Seeing how dragons dogma main market was Japan, that sounds like a great way to lose more money. I guess the article author just let slip his fan preferences there.

I dont feel sorry for Capcom because they dug their own grave. They ignored fans, went on to outsource beloved franchises to strangers and dissolved their talented internal teams. They buried megaman, they buried breath of fire, they buried Devil may cry, they buried Lost planet and they almost completely buried Resident evil. They also shoved down out throats a cross-over NO ONE asked for and it made no sense (street fighter X Tekken) and they didnt make the one people wanted (capcom vs snk 3) and now they are out of money.

They also managed to scare away their talent in such an effective way im surprised Ono is still there.

Maybe someone can buy them. Not Microsoft. Actually, its yet another tempting aquisition for Nintendo.

Seriously if Nintendo wanted, they could just buy ATLUS, Capcom and SEGA. Who could deny them after that? Same goes for Microsoft, but i dont see them willing to do that, beeing they are not welcome in Japan.

Monster Hunter + PSV + Japan = 2 companies in the black.

The only series Capcom have impressed me with over the years is Dead Rising. 

The first Lost Planet and DMC remake showed promise though. 

I hate the idea of more DLC by them.

That explains why they are trying to milk almost everything they can at this point... I do wonder what this will mean for future development because as powerful as Monster Hunter is, I can't see it and a few cell phone games putting them in healthy enough position to release another HD game anytime soon.

Around the Network

It's okay, MH4 is out soon, then they will have far more money in the bank!

For Resident Evil, maybe if they put more effort into the HD "ports", they'd have seen a better return.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I hope not. I like there games.

I can't get over how Capcom ruined the Resident Evil franchise. Street Fighter has become garbage. Lost Planet is mediocre. No Mega Man in years. This is not a surprise at all.

Poor Capcom, the day they die will be very sad to me, I allways enjoyed their games

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

PigPen said:
I can't get over how Capcom ruined the Resident Evil franchise. Street Fighter has become garbage. Lost Planet is mediocre. No Mega Man in years. This is not a surprise at all.

Resident Evil is not ruined. Street Fighter IV is great. Lost Planet was always a medicore series. They'll do something with Mega Man eventually, but its not a mega selling franchise anyhow.

You're ignoring Monster Hunter 4 will sell a ton of units. Dead Rising 3 will likely be a hit and MS probably paid them a lot of money for that exclusive.

The good news is Capcom still has a lot of money in the bank, as opposed to having debt. Hopefully they learned from the many mistakes they made during the 7th gen.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)