By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Has Only $152 Mil in the Bank

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:

What an overly simplistic and amateurish article. Gaming journalists..... stick to playing games, please!

and... rumour? its a publicly listed company, just look at the accounts.

and... comparing them with Nintendo?  really?

This compleatly.

Around the Network

Qualitatively speaking, Capcom's on the top of the gaming industry. They have extremely talented developers on board. It would be sad to see them go.

On the other hand, business-wise, Capcom is about the worst of the worst. They stack questionable decision on questionable decision, throw millions at that their least succesful franchises and kill off their best ones. They treat their fans really bad. They drive people away with their incomprehensible business practices. Their development budgets are way too high compared to similar games from other developers. They are an extremely inefficiently run company and it would not surprise me if they won't survive this coming generation.

Article was trash, though.

Maybe Capcom will go under and competent developers will bid on their franchises.

I hope FromSoftware gets Deep Down and Dragon's Dogma. Dragon's Dogma was good, but it had its issues. Would like to see what revisions FromSoftware would make on the formula.

Breath of Fire to Sony, Nintendo, or whoever owns Atlus unless it's someone like Sega.

Resident Evil and Devil May Cry to Shinji Mikami.  Although after DmC Devil May Cry, I don't mind Ninja Theory getting the DMC series.

Street Fighter and other fighting series to Arc System Works.

Final Fight to either Namco Bandai or Sega. Namco Bandai only if they develop it like Urban Reign as a 3D beat em up, except with your traditional beat em up gameplay where one stage has you going through several different areas fighting people. With Sega, seeing as we'd probably get Final Fight, making it into a US version of Yakuza. US cities, US culture, etc, and having as good of a story as Yakuza had and Yakuza like gameplay? I wouldn't mind that at all. Infact I'd probably love Final Fight if Sega made it Yakuza like.

Doesn't matter to me who gets everything else. They've got a lot of great past properties, but most aren't series and I don't really care about the remaining ones that are.

Monster Hunter 4 will give them a big boost. They really want that game to be huge.

That's still $150m in the bank though, isn't it? Unless they're deeply in debt I'm not gonna worry about them.

Around the Network

I don't get what the problem is...

I took a quick look at the balance sheet and there seems to be nothing wrong, they've got enough liquidity to pay the bills and keep the shop running and their cash-flow (at least the opreativ one) seems to be positive.

As far as i can tell everything is ok (granted i only skimmed through it but still...) and the writer of this article has no idea what he is talking about.

I wish I "only" had $152,000,000 in the bank.

RedInker said:
I wish I "only" had $152,000,000 in the bank.

me too man

Op should change the pic for this one:

kowenicki said:
huiii said:
I don't get what the problem is...

I took a quick look at the balance sheet and there seems nothing wrong, they've got enough liquidity to pay the bills and keep the shop running and their cash-flow (at leas the opreativ one) seems to be posotive.

As far as i can tell everything is ok (granted i only skimmed through it but still...) and the writer of this article has no idea what he is talking about.

Yep.

Looking at their historical data, they are for sure coming off a challenging period (2012 particularly), but their cash and cash equivalents is not that far off their usual ball park.   Sensationalist article.

Not only sensationalist but idiotic... At least to me because i don't understand what the article is trying to say. If with those 152 mil he is talking about he means cash in the bank (that's how i understood it) then there is no puint comparing this to Nintendos revenue or profit or whatever he is talking about.

And their degree of liquidity seems to be rather good (though i have to admit i have no idea of industry standarts the short term liabilities are covered and thats all that matters).