By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Activision says 360 will outsell PS3 in NA - contradicts EA

"Let's end the week on an entertaining note with a rousing publisher he-said-she-said. In case you missed it, earlier this week games publishing giant Electronic Arts proclaimed the PlayStation 3 would place well ahead of the Xbox 360 in 2008. And today, rival games publisher Activision responded (sort of) by claiming that no, the Xbox 360 will in fact outpace the PlayStation 3."

"Activision bets on Microsoft in North America, EA bets on Sony between North America and Europe, and no one bets against Nintendo after the Wii shattered pessimistic pundit predictions. "

Electronic Arts:

- Wii takes #1 spot in North America and Europe with 12 to 14 million units.
- PlayStation 3 slots #2 in Europe, selling between 5 and 6 million units.
- Xbox 360 places a distant third in Europe, selling a paltry 1.5 to 2.5 million units.
- Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 tie in North America, giving Sony a 3.5 million overall lead.

Activision:

- Doesn't dispute EA's Wii sales prediction. It's still #1 worldwide through 2008.
- Xbox 360 sells 4 to 5 million in North America and slots #2.
- PlayStation 3 sells 3 to 4 million in North American and slots #3.

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/006463.html

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I could see a company saying the PS3 will out sell the 360 outside of the US, but in the US....I seriously doubt it.

Good news for Wii owners. Both companies have stated that this year will be their biggest Wii and Nintendo support years yet, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

World wide I believe the Ps3 will outsell the 360 but here in the US......I think the 360 and Ps3 will be neck to neck.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Good news for Wii owners. Both companies have stated that this year will be their biggest Wii and Nintendo support years yet, if I'm not mistaken.

Don't get to exited. These guys are no Capcom.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

As long as the 360 keeps getting kickass games like it is I don't care how many it sells.

Microsoft seems like it's been coasting for over a year while Sony has been pretty aggressive so hopefully Microsoft starts getting serious.

Again, Microsoft and Sony fans trying to one up one another when in the end they both lose. Nobody cares about 2nd, especially when the gap will be as big as the Wii vs. PS3/360, 2nd only matters psychologically because it's ever so slightly better than 3rd but still has no importance.

Xbox finished second last gen but nobody cares. The only thing remembered is the PS2, the rest is nothing, just like this gen when the Wii is remembered and the 360/PS3 are forgotten about when all is said and done.

So yeah, I find this PS3/360 battle to be quite amusing and just like last gen with the GC and Xbox, quite irrelevant.

its possible but unlikely

1/ EA is talking WW, NOT NA !!!!!!!!!!
when they say that the PS3 will outsell the Xbox360, it is WW

correct me if I m wrong

2/ the PS3 will outsell the Xbox360 in NA but only at Xmas 2008/early 2009
but the 2 consoles will be really close ...

Time to Work !

Darc Requiem said:
I could see a company saying the PS3 will out sell the 360 outside of the US, but in the US....I seriously doubt it.

The beginning of this year shows us the coming trend. Worldwide Nintendo will dominate, of course (no news).

Outside the US, PS3 will slowly crush the x360 market, next one coming up is UK and Australia.

The US market will continue as a X360 stronghold, BUT PS3 will catch up and maybe even overtake the X360 (the lead in US is already shrinking compared to ps3). It all depends upon the holiday season. 

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.