By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Activision says 360 will outsell PS3 in NA - contradicts EA

its not a race for 2nd, its for first in the HD market. and face it, the PS3 is poised to pull ahead

Around the Network
boycop said:
Darc Requiem said:
I could see a company saying the PS3 will out sell the 360 outside of the US, but in the US....I seriously doubt it.

The beginning of this year shows us the coming trend. Worldwide Nintendo will dominate, of course (no news).

Outside the US, PS3 will slowly crush the x360 market, next one coming up is UK and Australia.

The US market will continue as a X360 stronghold, BUT PS3 will catch up and maybe even overtake the X360 (the lead in US is already shrinking compared to ps3). It all depends upon the holiday season.

The 360 has sold more in the US than the PS3 has sold worldwide. Even the Wii's rapid sales have been able to catch up to the 360 when it comes to the US. Sure the Wii will pass it sometime this year but it selling at much higher rate than the 360. When it comes to the US, that is not the case with the PS3.

well...it really could go either way with a potential price cut for 360 coming soon

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Good news for Wii owners. Both companies have stated that this year will be their biggest Wii and Nintendo support years yet, if I'm not mistaken.

Funny thing is that according to several users here, the Wii is supposed to stop selling at some point duringthe summer. That is, unless I missed the memo and Wii Doom was postponed to 2009?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The playstation 3 has almost never outsold the xbox360 in america week-to-week. And xbox always sells more by 20,000 to 50,000.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Good news for Wii owners. Both companies have stated that this year will be their biggest Wii and Nintendo support years yet, if I'm not mistaken.

Don't get to exited. These guys are no Capcom.

Indeed, which is a good thing.  Not that Capcom's shown little love for the Wii (quite the contrary), but they are known for rehashing even moreso than EA and Activision (which is no small feat).  And as for software sales numbers, Capcom tends to track below both EA and Activision every week.  So I'm sure EA and Activision are quite happy to not be Capcom, since that'd mean they'd be making less money.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Lightning08 said:
Again, Microsoft and Sony fans trying to one up one another when in the end they both lose. Nobody cares about 2nd, especially when the gap will be as big as the Wii vs. PS3/360, 2nd only matters psychologically because it's ever so slightly better than 3rd but still has no importance.

Xbox finished second last gen but nobody cares. The only thing remembered is the PS2, the rest is nothing, just like this gen when the Wii is remembered and the 360/PS3 are forgotten about when all is said and done.

So yeah, I find this PS3/360 battle to be quite amusing and just like last gen with the GC and Xbox, quite irrelevant.

In the last generation all the systems were similar in what they were trying to offer.  The Wii is not the same type of system as the PS3 or 360 so there is a lot of overlap.  In this generation, the Wii an undisputed success, but it is irrelevant when you are talking about the console war.  There are many people who own Wiis that probably never owned PS2s or other consoles and many that also own one of the HD consoles.  The Wii will certainly be remembered as revolutionary, but since there are types of games that it is not suited for, there is a large market for something else.  This is why no one calls it the Wii/PS3/360 console war.  Instead it is just the PS3/360 that are mentioned.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
Lightning08 said:
Again, Microsoft and Sony fans trying to one up one another when in the end they both lose. Nobody cares about 2nd, especially when the gap will be as big as the Wii vs. PS3/360, 2nd only matters psychologically because it's ever so slightly better than 3rd but still has no importance.

Xbox finished second last gen but nobody cares. The only thing remembered is the PS2, the rest is nothing, just like this gen when the Wii is remembered and the 360/PS3 are forgotten about when all is said and done.

So yeah, I find this PS3/360 battle to be quite amusing and just like last gen with the GC and Xbox, quite irrelevant.

In the last generation all the systems were similar in what they were trying to offer.  The Wii is not the same type of system as the PS3 or 360 so there is a lot of overlap.  In this generation, the Wii an undisputed success, but it is irrelevant when you are talking about the console war.  There are many people who own Wiis that probably never owned PS2s or other consoles and many that also own one of the HD consoles.  The Wii will certainly be remembered as revolutionary, but since there are types of games that it is not suited for, there is a large market for something else.  This is why no one calls it the Wii/PS3/360 console war.  Instead it is just the PS3/360 that are mentioned.

Is that so? The Wii is not affecting the console war? What is happening here is that the PS3 and 360 are fighting for a useless market because now that they know what people want as soon as the next generation begins both of them are going to try to get in the same market as Nintendo so a step back will be taking place. This is basically like the IPod, everyone wants one but there's other companies making mp3 players too  in hopes of grabbing some of that market.

What are you looking at, nerd?
Profcrab said:
Lightning08 said:

In the last generation all the systems were similar in what they were trying to offer. The Wii is not the same type of system as the PS3 or 360 so there is a lot of overlap. In this generation, the Wii an undisputed success, but it is irrelevant when you are talking about the console war. There are many people who own Wiis that probably never owned PS2s or other consoles and many that also own one of the HD consoles. The Wii will certainly be remembered as revolutionary, but since there are types of games that it is not suited for, there is a large market for something else. This is why no one calls it the Wii/PS3/360 console war. Instead it is just the PS3/360 that are mentioned.

I disagree. The Wii is extremely relevant. Nintendo is making more money than its competitors off of a smaller intial investment. While I am sure that Sony and MS won't copy Nintendo's strategy completely, I can assure that their next consoles will not release $600 and $400 repectively.

@lightning

THIS time round

the differences between WII & PS360 are SO HUGE that

2 consoles will be remembered..

The games on the WII compared to the PS360 will be so different later on, unlike how the GC, XB, PS2 were basically the same "type of console"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey