By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Takes 20-30 Hours To Clear

Tagged games:

Sounds good and looking forward to it next year to close out the trilogy.

Around the Network

Great!

Not very long then :/

kupomogli said:
PeterSilenced said:

I have to disagree 13-2 is very underrated,13 was great just not FF great.

Haven't played FF13-2 other than the demo that I didn't really care for. 

Even if FF13-2 is some great game compared to the original which I thought was garbage, I'm not interested in it when half a good majority of it is DLC.  Even the games ending is DLC from what I've heard.

*edit*

They should have called Final Fantasy 13 "Not Final Fantasy 13," because there's nothing final about it taking three games to get the whole story.

You will be surprised to know that the majority of it is not dlc altought it has alot of costumes that you can buy,the ending is not a dlc ,they have a dlc that adds a little more to the ending but in terms of story its not that relevant believe me you get the whole package by just buying 13-2.

It is also fair to say that 13-2 main villain and soundtrack are up to final fantasy standards.

I guess that's a decent length, it could be better, then again it also could be worse.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
PeterSilenced said:

I have to disagree 13-2 is very underrated,13 was great just not FF great.

Haven't played FF13-2 other than the demo that I didn't really care for. 

Even if FF13-2 is some great game compared to the original which I thought was garbage, I'm not interested in it when half a good majority of it is DLC.  Even the games ending is DLC from what I've heard.

*edit*

They should have called Final Fantasy 13 "Not Final Fantasy 13," because there's nothing final about it taking three games to get the whole story.

Are you talking about 13-2? Becaue thats super saiyain false.

Ajescent said:
Panama said:
All this news.

I was somewhat disappointed when I 100% cleared FF13-2 in under 30 hours. I have a horrible feeling it'll happen to me again in LR. Granted I'm not a trophy/achievement hunter so I never bother with those things.

I'm gonna guess you did it with a guide.

If you did that with a guide then it doesn't count.

Nope. Haven't used a guide in years. Though I didn't buy any of the DLC.

Shorter than the average, but hopefully those hours will be very good.

I platinumed FFXIII & XIII-2, and I expect to do the same for LR.

Panama said:
Ajescent said:
Panama said:
All this news.

I was somewhat disappointed when I 100% cleared FF13-2 in under 30 hours. I have a horrible feeling it'll happen to me again in LR. Granted I'm not a trophy/achievement hunter so I never bother with those things.

I'm gonna guess you did it with a guide.

If you did that with a guide then it doesn't count.

Nope. Haven't used a guide in years. Though I didn't buy any of the DLC.

You got all the multiple endings, found all the secret items, defeated all the optional bosses in less than 30hrs without any kind of help what so ever? Sorry to doubt you but I don't believe that.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I've cleared FF5,7,8,10-2,13-2 in like 22 hours each, those all beat in like 30 give or take my first play through. Except for X-2 I beat in like 19 because I thought hotspots was the only part with story. But every place has events every chapter :P.

9,10,12,13 took me like 50+ first playthrough, but that's me I could have done a skewed amount of sidequest.

I've gotten 154 out of 160 fragments in 13-2 (I haven't done all the quizes), and it took me like 78 hours with DLC which was probably at most 5 hours worth of pointless content.

They already said no story DLC. The 50 max seems a bit short. I like that 13-2 didn't require you to grind to infinity like in FFX International, FFX-2 Via infinito, and FF7 with materia to beat the ultimate bosses. But the complete lack of grinding in 13-2 made the bosses feel a bit less accomplishing.