By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Consdiering the giant japanese differential could make up some of the American differential, some further support of Japan could put it on top.

I think smash bros could even beat it week one if it was lucky... cept for one problem.

Nintendo probably won't even have 3.79 million copies to sell.

Probably will have around a million each for US and Euro week ones at max.

Around the Network

ssbb will EASILY outsell halo 3's week 1 if Nintendo ships enough copies

it could sell 5mil+ if every region and every store had plenty of copies

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will and easily outsell Halo 3, because of it's long-time and casual appeal.

This means more people are going to be waiting for Wii's!!!!!!

I will have my Wii this week, I'm borrowing my friend Wii now.

Twilight Princess is an awesome game :)

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Halo 3 (X360), Brain Age (NDS), Pokemon Diamond (NDS), Warhawk (PS3) 

wiiforever said:
TheBigFatJ said:
tabsina said:
I think whatever the scenario, they need to release Everybody's Nintendo Channel along with a tonne of smash bros commercials on said channel -- and they need to do it in the next week in USA

Most of the people that kind of advertising would reach would already know about the game. Only a relatively small percentage of Wiis (well, less than half) will have Internet access.

how do u know only half of Wii owners have internet access? Doesn't that mean only half of PS360 owners have internet access too. anyways, yeah, Ninty needs to advertise this game more

I'm guessing that less than half have access, and I mind as well be saying "less than 99% have internet access" because chances are that only a smaller fraction (maybe 25%) have actually set up Internet access on their Wii. 

Look at the numbers for the Xbox 360.  Microsoft would be very pleased indeed if half of 360 owners actually used Xbox Live.  And it was a much, much smaller fraction of original Xbox owners (maybe 25%).  

i've heard it's 40% of wii owners that have it connected to the 'net

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:

I'm guessing that less than half have access, and I mind as well be saying "less than 99% have internet access" because chances are that only a smaller fraction (maybe 25%) have actually set up Internet access on their Wii.

Look at the numbers for the Xbox 360. Microsoft would be very pleased indeed if half of 360 owners actually used Xbox Live. And it was a much, much smaller fraction of original Xbox owners (maybe 25%).

I could be wrong, but aren't a good portion of 360s at least connected to the internet? I found this site (direct from Microsoft I believe) that states that XboxLive has 10 million subscribers. Whether that's the Gold account or not... but still, having 10 million people connected is more than 50% of their users now. I can't say how many Xbox people were online.

@Stever: I recall that M$ stated at some point that Live would have around 4-5 Xbox users. But considering that you could "upgrade" your Xbox subscription to 360, it's just guessing without information from M$.

@Topic: I'd say that SSBB has a shot to beat Halo 3 opening, but it depends a lot from how many preorders Brawl has and Nintendos ability to ship copies. PAL release is going to be pretty late, so i'd expect Nintendo to have enough copies to outsell Halo 3 opening in others, and i believe it will do that, which means that are opening week sales in Americas big enough to beat it. I know Reggie would love to replace Halo 3 posters with Brawl posters, but considering the huge amount of copies required to do that, it seems unlikely. And even more when Nintendo prefers good longer term sales over great short term sales.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

we will have to wait and see, who knows maybe it will outsell halo 3, in japan its probably already a million seller

Are pre-orders counted even if the consumer doesn't get it on first day?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

ioi said:
Sorry, it is more like 2.5:1

Scaled to Brawl Preorders (which are well over 1m!)

Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii)

SSBB has, according to Ioi, much more than 1M pre-orders. If we say that it will have 1.5M within launch days, only 1.4M people have to buy it first day, in Europe + USA. I'd say Brawl definately makes 3.33M, and has a good shot at Halo.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS