By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would the Real Los Angeles look like in Grand Theft Auto V?

Tagged games:

If yall want to take a break for arguing specs, I thought you might find this interested.

It's a map labeling the city in Grand Theft Auto V, as if it really were a part of Los Angeles.  It's not to scale at all, but includes most major parts: Airport, Downtown, Santa Monica, Malibu, Salton Sea, and the giant San Gorgonio (which is often covered in snow in the winter).

Anyway, thought you might find it fun.

Direct link to the giant map and creator:  http://i.imgur.com/qi1ax6q.jpg

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

I never understood why Rockstar have fictional names for all the locations. I think it's stupid. Company and people names I understand they have to change but locations don't have copyright and no one will sue you. The game I think will be great though.

Slimebeast said:
I never understood why Rockstar have fictional names for all the locations. I think it's stupid. Company and people names I understand they have to change but locations don't have copyright and no one will sue you. The game I think will be great though.

it is a technical thing and to prevent complains.

Using LA that does not look like LA could make many people angry.

If some real huge buildings cause frame rate/tearing/extremes pop up problems you can replace them with smaller ones in a real city you can't replace them.

Some real city parts are no good for game play.In a fictional city you can place streets ,rivers,buildings whereever you want to create eg. a hot pursuit with a ramp jump to the roof over the river etc.

real life citys are not so good for gameplay:prooven by eg the getaway(london)

I think it's just artistic choices. There definitely are many elements that make is seem like Los Angeles and the greater metro area. I would think they could if they wanted to, as Ubisoft does for Assassin's Creed. But it is more work to actually make it like it accurate, and probably will leave you more stuck in traffic, as some of these location are like nearly 200 miles 320km apart.

Plus, some people complain when their city either gets left out, or is the location of a crime or crime zone. I saw people complaining about The Valley not really being included. Others about Redondo Beach, etc.

Still, it's pretty fun to see real landmarks in a game.

While it would be cool to drive by my place, it's much extra work for the develoe

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

simply beautiful when u know where things are

Around the Network

Sweet!! I live in North Hollywood, CA

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

Why would you want real places? it's a game!!! This is what I'm talking about people want there games like real life, that's the one thing i liked about GTA is that is doesn't have real names, real cars, real clothing brands and so on, it's what gave it it's charm and didn't take itself to seriously, come on man it's a game.

This GTA clone (True Crime: Streets of LA) used real maps and locations from in and around LA.