By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl's March release good for nintendo, bad for wii?

Here's an interesting one for ya. 

A month ago, if you looked at the wii's early 08 release schedule, there was NMH and endless ocean in january, brawl and nothing else notable in february, a horde of 3rd party games in march, and nothing notable in april.

However, for whatever reason (most likely development hiccups), nintendo pushed brawl's release to march, right in the middle of all the third party titles. Since then, numorus titles have been either pushed up or pushed back to avoid being near brawl.

Now, there aren't any AAA titles listed in march but there are a few titles that might prove to be little surprises. House of the dead 2 and 3, the dragon warrior spin off, worms, okami, bully, pro evo 08, and more. It's a shame to think that these titles will be crushed by brawl. Cause if there's one thing nintendo really needs, it's for 3rd parties to believe that their games can make bank on the wii.

I personally think (and believe me, I want brawl as much as anyone else) the brawl needs to pushed back till april. Let's face it, the game will sell no matter where it is on the calender, these other games won't. I know some people will say "to bad, that's how business is" but I think having these games release away from brawl will do the system a great service.

Around the Network

Screw you.. no

I think the thrid parties should delay their games into April. Why should we suffer another delay.

Haha, well to be fair, they were there first. They didn't ask for brawl to be delayed from december to february to march.

I'm going to get brawl and okami, screw the other games -_-

It's not that big of a deal if a game is pushed back. I would rather it be delayed and have better sales than try to do something stupid like take on SSBB.

Besides, it's really not Nintendo's fault that they didn't believe in them 'till too late and are just now able to push games out.

360 Tag - narfwack

Around the Network

Brawl will not be pushed back again. I could never handle that ever.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Screw the other games.

Why the hell should Brawl be delayed? Delay the other games. It's not Nintendo's fault they are shipping the best game ever in March...if third party games are good enough to compete on any level with Brawl, they should be fine. If they can't compete, they should be delayed to a slower period if the companies have any sense. Or...they should freaking make better games.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Brianna said:
I'm going to get brawl and okami, screw the other games -_-

Agreed, Brianna. I'm looking forward to those 2 games. I don't care about the rest lol If Brawl would get delayed again, I would go nuts.

I think people fail to see my point. It would be a sign of good will by nintendo to give the 3rd party support, that it needs SEVERLY, a chance to see some success. The odds are already stacked against third party developers on the wii. Not only do they have to deal with fanboys who only by nintendo products, but they also have to deal with the shovelware that nintendo CONTINUES to let onto their system. Would I like better 3rd party games? Sure I would. Maybe a few successfully selling games would lead to that. If I had the choice of potentially getting better third party games down the line or getting brawl on time, I would rather consider the future of the system over the present.

And like I said, there may be a few little surprises out of that bunch, who knows. But even if, let's say a new resident evil game were scheduled for march, brawl would eat it alive.

dont say something like that! youre going to jynx it. if it gets post-poned to april.... i swear to god.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232