By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kinda new to anime , can anyone recomend anything.

Dolla Dolla said:
If you like Cowboy Bepop, you will probably like Trigun.

Some of my favorite movies are: Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Fist of the North Star, Akira, FFVII: Advent Children.

Are you sure Fist of the North Star is anime ??? I really like it but the style reminds me of He-Man more than anime.  

Around the Network

Code Geass, Claymore, xxxHolic, S-cry-ed, Samurai Shamplo

Must check code geass out it's really good but i don't know anything new -_-

S-Cry-ed is great. I think you should give that a try.

I also noticed you're into Gundam. In that case, try out G gundam.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

well you mentioned you watched Naruto Shippuden so you must be ok with Subtitles so I'm gonna throw you a few I've started lately.

for the stupid crazy storyl ines you might want to try Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, no action really in that one though....just crazy.

Dragonaut-The Resonance is a good one for the Sci Fi type....I've been enjoying it so far.

Shingetsun Tsukihime is a pretty funny Vampire series....least I think that was the name of that one.

That's the closest I think I have to what you describe as your tastes, probably far off but I enjoy em.

Wow. What awful recommendations. S-Cry-ed and G Gundam (the single WORST Gundam series in the history of Gundam?)... wow.

There are some good ones here.

Cowboy Bebop.
Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)
Samurai Champloo
Read or Die (OVA and TV)
Tsukihime.

I'll add a couple of good ones to the list:

Full Metal Panic.

Scrapped Princess.

Fate/Stay Night.

Around the Network

Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away.

Cowboy Bebop!

And Trigun rocks too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

humm... well if you dont mind reading subtitles then you might like the following anime series:

Claymore

Black Lagoon
Baki The Grappler
Buso Renkin
Darker Than Black
Gunslinger Girl
D.Grayman

There are others that ive watched that I am unsure that you will like, but I will suggest a few that may interest you if you like anime with extremely great plots. However, be forewarned that it can be quite graphic.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai
Ergo Proxy
Fate Stay Night
Ghost Hunt
Jyu Oh Sei

I am unsure if you will like any of them or etc... but they all range from different ranges of anime I have watched. If all fails just stick with naruto and bleach, or read the manga. The manga for naruto is way ahead of the anime.

lol, Words Of Wisdom. I find it funny that you bash G gundam, then you list shows like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Shamploo.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

@ Globster: oh yeah I completely forgot about Gunslinger Girls, a fantastic series. Thought I heard a second season was coming or was out, happen to know if that's any good?