By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kinda new to anime , can anyone recomend anything.

@Mafaveli There's also a Devilman live action movie. It's hilarious.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

oh god no! live action movies made based on animes are almost worse than the game to movie transition! arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!! still if its so bad that its good thats a different thing entirley......

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Oh god, Narutards and Bleachheads are all over this thread. I can't understand how people could enjoy such filth... I guess I shouldn't judge too much though. I happened to like the Shadow the Hedgehog game :P

Recommendations...

- Cowboy Bebop is a MUST see.

- Hack//Sign if you like jam-packed character development with little action

- Hack//Roots if you like *some* character development, but more action

- Gundam Wing or Gundam Seed I'd have to recommend from the Gundam metaseries. There are many "flavours" to Gundam though, so there may be some arguing. They just happen to be my favourites.

- Neon Genesis Evangelion should NOT be watched if you JUST started viewing anime. It should be watched eventually, seeing as it is one of, if not THE best anime there is. Great mecha and amazing storyline/character development, but is sort of an "advanced" anime that the casual view may not like/understand.

- Death Note is a MUST see. In a matter of fact, watch it now.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Oh, it's pretty bad, but still very funny.  A friend brought it a copy over to my house and skimmed to the worst parts of the movie so that he could make comments on them.  He likes to collect bad movies for the comedy value. 

Some funny spoilers:

The Devil seems to be in love in Devilman and gets huffy whenever he seems him with anyone else.  Devilman and his step-sister seem to have a thing going on between them.  When confronted with the head of his step-sister Devilman let's out this very, very bad moaning sound, I can't tell if it's due to very bad acting or the director just didn't even care anymore and just wanted to end the movie as soon as possible.  The Devil stabs a student with a pair of scissors during class for Devilman (I can't remember why).

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

ZenfoldorVGI said:

When you're ready, you should move on to more advanced Anime's like Monster.

YES.  I'm about halfway through that show, and it is fantastic.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
Rent Akira and the original Ghost in the shell. Both are awesome... well worth your time!
I agree, plus they are a good primer to the serious stuff.  

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Ghost in the Shell... meh. The movie's okay, but the manga is about 8,000 times better.

I haven't seen the series though; I've heard very good things about it.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

YES. I'm about halfway through that show, and it is fantastic.

humm... quite interesting. I wonder how that series slipped through my fingers especially since it haves a really good rating in AniDB. For those wondering what Monster is then click here

btw... did any of you ever watched the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni series'?

globster2000 said:
GooseGaws said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

YES. I'm about halfway through that show, and it is fantastic.

humm... quite interesting. I wonder how that series slipped through my fingers especially since it haves a really good rating in AniDB. For those wondering what Monster is then click here

btw... did any of you ever watched the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni series'?

Yep. Higurashi is really good but definitely not for everyone.

By the way... Eva is quite possibly the worst anime I've ever watched (on par with Sexy Commando) except for maybe 2 episodes around the time Asuka is first introduced.

I would recommend Fullmetal Alchemist, it's a 52-long episode anime that is quite entertaining and excellent use of the characters.

The setting and all is awesome, you should check this anime out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist