By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kinda new to anime , can anyone recomend anything.

Final-Fan said:

InuYasha is pretty good but goes ON and ON and ON. I haven't seen the ending.

Inuyasha doesn't have an ending. It hasn't ended yet. As far as I know they are still looking for the freaking jewel shards and Naraku in the freakin manga.

They stopped making the Anime without a conclusion. As people in japan likely got tired of the no conclusion.

They needed to take a clue, finish the villian and bring in a new one a while ago. Apparently the manga is going to end soon. In it's.. 500+ chapter or so.

The 120ish episodes of the anime covered about 300+ chapters.

Around the Network

12 kingdoms, I'm surprised no one has suggested that yet.

Also, Sereitei no Morbito is fantastic.

globster2000 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
globster2000 said:
GooseGaws said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

When you're ready, you should move on to more advanced Anime's like Monster.

YES. I'm about halfway through that show, and it is fantastic.

humm... quite interesting. I wonder how that series slipped through my fingers especially since it haves a really good rating in AniDB. For those wondering what Monster is then click here

btw... did any of you ever watched the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni series'?

Yep. Higurashi is really good but definitely not for everyone.

By the way... Eva is quite possibly the worst anime I've ever watched (on par with Sexy Commando) except for maybe 2 episodes around the time Asuka is first introduced.

humm i must not recall Eva or Sexy Commando. It must be one of those that I filtered out. I do know one of the worst anime's I have watch have to be Kiba and alot of the new mainstream anime's that is airing in japan. It is as if the quality of anime is being lowered. However, on occasion a couple decent or good ones pop up that I may enjoy. For example, this season one of the few animes that I have found watchable was Dragonaut

Eva = Neon Genesis Evangelion.  Sexy Commando is... well... going on 10 years old and not worth discussing.

Naruto and bleach are 2 obvious ones.
But i recommend deathnotes too, very addictive

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Around the Network

yeah btw all sub... dont get dub, i rly hate those

okr said:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo!

Great choice.

Neko no Ongaeshi is also great.

for a starter in anime (like me to be honest) I would suggest some studio ghibli to get you going, halfway between the cartoons you're already use too and anime.

for a starter in anime (like me to be honest) I would suggest some studio ghibli to get you going, halfway between the cartoons you're already use too and anime.

Fist of the North Star...
Ninja Scroll and Akira
(Only because I have just seen them recently). They are worth a look!

Good to see this site is still going