By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What could Sony have done with a $600 PS4?

Gone out of business

rimshot!

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
They could have had two GPU's! Think of the possibilities...

Why stop at 2? How about 12! 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

They would have gone for more bells and whistles, not raw power. I'd expect a full 1080p 3D screen on the system instead of the LED strip. Also I'd expect a rotating PlayStation logo.

HDMI in on the controller might be reserved for $700.

Packed up their bags and leave the industry.

If they made one for that price that has PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 compatibility - I would get one.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

They probably would have aimed at a higher GPU in their arrangement with amd. They also could have 12gb of gddr5. The rest would be put into the case and cooling due to the changes.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Probably not much worthwhile (meaning extra features overcome extra price)
1. Same Console, include Vita
2. Same Console, include 7 inch Tablet
3. Same Console, Include Camera, game, and second controller
4. Include 500 gb SSD instead of HDD (loss situation)
5. Sony developed chipset with marginally better performance (unhappy development community)
6. Console that would REALLY be 30% more powerful than Xbone......

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

Videogames are becoming bread and butter for Sony now. They couldn't take that type of risk a second time. It would hurt them deeply. Their gaming branch depends on the smart decisions they make for profit this gen.

catofellow said:
Probably not much worthwhile (meaning extra features overcome extra price)
1. Same Console, include Vita
2. Same Console, include 7 inch Tablet
3. Same Console, Include Camera, game, and second controller
4. Include 500 gb SSD instead of HDD (loss situation)
5. Sony developed chipset with marginally better performance (unhappy development community)
6. Console that would REALLY be 30% more powerful than Xbone......

A 500GB SSD? My god that would be glorious :D I complete waist of money, but dem transfer speeds. Mhhmmmm.

OT: I doubt it would have changed much, other than more power and perhaps bundled with something.

Claim bankruptcy.