By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you feel about each of the next gen systems?

hmmm a question?

Yup 2 1.41%

lol 4 2.82%

What is the poll for 11 7.75%

Wii u! 47 33.10%

PS4! 50 35.21%

Xbox One! 11 7.75%

SAO!!!! 1 0.70%

Ouya, wtf is wrong with you! 7 4.93%

"Cries" 5 3.52%

"Run's away" 4 2.82%

Total:142

So how do you feel about each based on the info we currently have? Do you like them, hate them, or is it just plain apathy?

PS4- My fav of all the next gen systems. It has a good starting price with nice tech. 1st and 3rd party support are looking good.

Downside- psn isn't free anymore!

Xbox One-the kinect/other non gaming functions is rather an interesting addition.  Specs and general support is good.

Downside-price!

Wii U- has Nintendo franchises, 2014 is looking promising with smash etc.

Downside- lack of major 3rd party games and specs

Ouya-just for the hell of it!

Downside-too many to name

Around the Network

I don't know how I feel about this thread. How much work did you put on it? It seems you just threw a question out there lol.

PS4 - This will be my primary next gen console, I probably will not get til a year after launch because there's just too many current gen games I have to beat.  I just hope it follows the path of the PS3 and gets continued support from Sony and I hope it gets more JRPG support.  I've heard the controller is great.  I'm a little dissapointed I have to pay for online though, but I mainly play single player games so I won't bother buying it.

Wii U - Already have my Wii U, it has a great line up of games coming out and I love the controller.  People can say what they want, but its so comfortable and I like the second screen.  I know it will mainly only get exclusive games on it, but looking at the line up of games coming that is perfectly fine as long as Nintendo keeps supporting it to the extent they are now.

X1 - I don't plan to get an X1 anytime soon because I just got a Wii U, and I still have to get a PS4 and Vita which are higher up on my list.  Also I will not pay $500 for it, I will wait for a significant price drop and also then it will have a lot of games for cheap.  I will wait and see if it gets continued support or ends up like the 360 where it got support for the first few years then it died down to a few of Microsoft's key exclusives.  If it keeps getting good exclusives then I will pick it up eventually.

Slimebeast said:
I don't know how I feel about this thread. How much work did you put on it? It seems you just threw a question out there lol.

Hey buddy! I handpicked those gif's as the theme, thank you very much! The nerve of some people!

What's with all the anime gifs?

Anyway, Wii U and PC for me. Don't plan to get a PS4 until many many years and Xone is out of the question. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:

What's with all the anime gifs?

Anyway, Wii U and PC for me. Don't plan to get a PS4 until many many years and Xone is out of the question. 

Just thought, I would add a nice theme for fun xD

Already have the wiiU, I finally bought a 3rd game for it, Rayman Legends.
I will buy a ps4 a bit after launch. I want to play gt6 first and catch up a bit on my steam and ps+ back log.
XB1 probably end next year or early 2015.

Currently the first year of ps4 games looks a lot more interesting to me, but neither system has anything I must have day 1. Still waiting for The last guardian, a new HD zelda, HD Xenoblade, a realistic rally game, split-screen baldur's gate dark alliance style game, Tie fighter style space combat game, viva pinata style game without annoying limits, populous the beginning style game with from dust engine, wipeout with a sweet 96khz surround mix featuring Daft punk, Underworld, M83, Fatboy slim. I'm not asking for much.

ill get all 3
wii U 2013, x1 2015, ps4 2017.

ps4-  japnese games, rpgs, racing, sports, or any sony's 1st party games; im not gonna play those. plus i already have a good pc.

XBOX- i want killer instinct. Kinect looks fun but nothing is yet worth $500. Yet. I will keep my on on this.

Wii U- own it, love it, selling all my old stuff so i can buy 20 games this holiday. Just ordered my 2tb hdd. Free online. Posting from it on vgc er e day!

PS4- I plan on getting one early next year around the time Infamous Second Son comes out. PS4 will be my primary system like the PS3 is this gen mostly because I like Sony exclusives better then MS's and has the third party support that Nintendo doesn't have at the moment. Also the PS4 has the best offer being $400 (I don't like using motion controls so the extra $100 for Kinect is not worth it to me.) I love the Indie support so that's a plus for me. the only negative is that I have to pay for online which I play a lot.

Wii U- I plan to get the Wii U this holiday and it will be more like my secondary console. I really just want it to play the Nintendo exclusives (Mario 3D world, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 and a few eshop games). It'll also be used as a family console that me and my brothers can play together when Smash Bros and Mario Kart release. With the price cut coming soon I will defiantly be buying within a few months.

Xbox One- I don't really plan on buying this soon. I have nothing against the system ( I did before with the original polices but after the 180 the Xbox One is looking to be a great system.) I just don't want to spend $500 dollars on a system with basically 90% the same library that is $400 (I don't plan on ever using Kinect so it isn't worth the extra $100 to me). Also as said before I prefer Sony exclusives better. I will probably pick one up in a few years after a price drop and when games like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break drop sense those are the only games right now that I want to play.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!