By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do Xbox 360 games sell so much better than PS3 world-wide?

Americans favor xbox360 and its the biggest market for gaming, whereas PS3 users are from worldwide who doesn't buy the games at full price mostly for third party games since they are available in PC.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

Ioi has a difficult time tracking europe because of such little information that we get. He has a track record of severly undertracking ps3 hw and sw and it comes from these territories. R* said gta4 was about a 50/50 split but ioi had it like 65% on 360. According to sony and ms the attach ratios were better on sonys console at one point in their financials but 360 was killing ps3 here... what am i saying? Ps3 sw is probably more undertracked then 360s

JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:

This is a curious post.  I'm not really sure what you think it proves.  That western developed games often sell better on the 360?  I think everyone knows that.  Japan, which is a significant part of the Playstation fanbase, doesn't buy these games at a very high rate.  I mean, what would it prove if I showed a week with several Japanese releases?

As for total software sold, you do realize that, amazingly, it breaks down to about the same sales rate for each, right?  Go ahead, divide each total by the number of years each has been on the market.  If anyone thinks that the PS3 should have the same total amount of software sold despite releasing a year later ... well, tell me who they are so I can point and laugh.

This is a multiplat question, not overall.  Sony has the majority of JRPG games exclusively while X360 is completely nonexistent in Japan.  Yet it has a marginal lead over PS3 even though PS3 has sold more hardware.  Why is this????  Ding ding ding! Because of multiplatform games sell more on X360 for the majority of the time.

Most big releases are western games, and yes they usually sell more on X360.  Go look through statistics if you want.  Majority of the time it will always favor X360

DING DING DING!

I just said that.  You know, the part where I said western developed games often sell better on the 360?  Because Japan doesn't buy them?

JayWood2010 said:

So PS3 sells more hardware and has JRPG gaming pretty much exclusively while X360 has sold more software regardless and Im not comprehending something? lol ok then.

Do you actually have proof of this?

pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:

This is a curious post. I'm not really sure what you think it proves. 

DING DING DING!

An explanation of what it was proving.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
JayWood2010 said:

So PS3 sells more hardware and has JRPG gaming pretty much exclusively while X360 has sold more software regardless and Im not comprehending something? lol ok then.

PS3 has tons of Japanese games exclusively to it.

Mutiplats run better on 360.

Manily due to the cell processer and ram.. this will all change next gen imo and both will run them basically the same. 

Goatseye said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
JayWood2010 said:

PS3 has tons of Japanese games exclusively to it.

Exactly the 100s of games released only in Japan count for PS3 software sales too, alone they are not much, but together they can be quite significant.  So idk how anyone can claim without a shadow of a doubt that 360 has more software sales without some solid proof.

JayWood2010 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

No, it is no secret that Western multiplats generally sell better on the 360. Not sure why you're having an issue comprehending this. There are about 10 million more 360 owners in the west than there are PS3 owners, so it completely makes sense. Notice how all of the games in your list are Western? The Japanese home console market is much smaller than in the west, so obviously most of the highest selling software will be on the console with a mostly Western install base, as opposed to the one with a mixed install base, at least when overall hardware units are similar numbers (which is the case with PS360 both at ~80 million)

Dude, dude......stop, please. 

The United states buys more games than any other places, and MS has over 10 million lead in that region. Here's your answer. 

Proof: Look at Saint Row IV sales......70% of it comes from NA. Thus why first week or month they usually sell more on the 360, 

North America: 0.38m 70.0%
+ Europe: 0.11m 20.8%
+ Rest of the World: 0.05m 9.2%

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
JayWood2010 said:

Dude, dude......stop, please. 

The United states buys more games than any other places, and MS has over 10 million lead in that region. Here's your answer. 

Do not tell me to stop when that was my very first post on the very first page

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5650528