By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would be your 'Gaming Dream Come True'?

hinch said:

- Shenmue 3 or a reboot of the series

What would you say if Nintendo would fund Shenmue 3 on the 3DS ? (Baseless speculation because the 3DS is roughly as powerful as a Dreamcast polygon count wise and the fact that they are likely helping make a new SeaMan-game with the original creator)

Around the Network
orniletter said:
hinch said:

- Shenmue 3 or a reboot of the series

What would you say if Nintendo would fund Shenmue 3 on the 3DS ? (Baseless speculation because the 3DS is roughly as powerful as a Dreamcast polygon count wise and the fact that they are likely helping make a new SeaMan-game with the original creator)

Realistically.. It's never going to happen, regardless of the platform. A new Shenmue game would cost a lot to develop and no publishers would be in their right mind to fund such a project for such a niche title and expect any sort of a return for it. I would love to see the series make a comeback though.

- EA auction off many of their franchises that they no longer use.. Someone buys the Bullfrog back catalogue; then buys 22 Cans, Subterranean Games & 5 Lives Studios. War for the Overworld becomes Dungeon Keeper 3; Satellite Reign becomes Syndicate Wars 2 & Godus becomes Populous: Reborn. Theme Hospital 2 is also announced to be in development.

- Activision sells the Spyro licence to Sony after Skylanders no longer requires the purple dragon's presence. Sony contract Insomniac to develop a new Spyro title. Staff members from High Impact Games return to Insomniac to work on the title.

- Media Vision announce Wild ARMs 6 is in development.

1) Sony actually supporting the psvita :P
2) A new Crash Bandicoot or Jak and Daxter
3) Liverpool to reopen and make a new wipeout

Otakumegane said:
outlawauron said:
Otakumegane said:

2. Monolith Soft gets a FF like budget for just a single game.

O_o

How much do you think they spend on their projects as is?

Wayyyy less.

According to Nintendo, Xenoblade was profitable even before it came to NA (Ugh if you want the source I'll try to find it but I don't remember where it was said)

I'd like to see it. It had a long development time with a ton of content. No reason to believe it couldn't match one of the previous PS1 or PS2 FF budgets.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

- Gorgeous, high-def, massive, colossal Zelda game. Cinematic and dark, but still maintaining the core gameplay of the series. No Miyamoto in sight.

- Earthbound 2 / Mother 4 by Itoi.

- Monster Hunter for PC. A real one, created from scratch and exclusive. No subscription fees.

1) F-Zero on Wii U
2) A new 3D Metroid by Retro
3) Persona 5
4) Half Life 3
5) 2D Castlevania on PSV and 3DS
6) New Mother or a spiritual successor
7) Age of Empires 4
8) The Last Guardian finally coming out
9) DMC 5 by Platnium Games

outlawauron said:
Otakumegane said:
outlawauron said:
Otakumegane said:

2. Monolith Soft gets a FF like budget for just a single game.

O_o

How much do you think they spend on their projects as is?

Wayyyy less.

According to Nintendo, Xenoblade was profitable even before it came to NA (Ugh if you want the source I'll try to find it but I don't remember where it was said)

I'd like to see it. It had a long development time with a ton of content. No reason to believe it couldn't match one of the previous PS1 or PS2 FF budgets.

Yeah I've been trying to, all I remember it being was along with the thing about no Bestiary and such because of budget/time.

(you know what, now that I think about it, the lack of recovery items/streamlining not only made the game a lot more fun but kept the budget wayy down.No need to have people making a model for every item after all.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

An updated version of GTA vice city. Love that game,due to the 80's setting. I'd like to see this expanded some how. I'd also like to see virtual reality come into the mainstream. If those things happened,I would die happy. hahaha!!!!!!

1. An actual Mario PRG sequel (none of that Paper Mario BS)

2. A true Mana series sequel

3. Eternal Darkness sequel

I'm sure there's more but that's all I got for now