By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Vita a "Game Gear 2"?

kupomogli said:
RolStoppable said:

Which would still be levelheaded, because exclusives are exclusive.

Being exclusive doesn't magically turn a decent or bad game into an good one, just like no longer being exclusive doesn't turn a good game into a pos.  Yakuza 1 and 2 are still great games.  Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and Nintendogs are both still garbage.  Exclusives don't matter unless they're good.  Uncharted, LBP, Xenoblade, etc, wouldn't be worth praising if they were bad games. 

That´s sadly part of a problem, ports of bad games that are also inferior to the original PS3 games like PlaystationAllstars make a big chunk of the lineup. Also funny  you mention Nintendogs since Sony is financing a clone named Playstationpets for PSV with really annoying voice acting as a bonus.

Let´s not forget the abomination called Modnation Racers for PSV.

Around the Network

Of course it's not like the GameGear. The GameGear had Sonic.

Viktor said:

Similar to the abomination called Mario Kart 7?    The only problems with Modnation Racers in comparison to Mario Kart 7 is that it's ad hoc only and it's generic characters rather than a mascot character.  However, the Modnation Racers games one up Mario Kart 7 with option to create your own tracks and characters or download those that others have created. 

Adhoc party also works with Vita games as well though, so any adhoc only games on the Vita could still be played with others online.  Since there's only three people who like Monster Hunter in the US, 3DS owners will probably be playing it alone unless they also have the Wii U version, unlike Vita owners who own the PSP version can use adhoc party to still play with the two other people who like the series.

lehamsy said:

Sonic All Star Racing Transformed and Sega Genesis Collection are playable on the Vita, so technically the Vita does have Sonic.

kupomogli said:
Viktor said:

Similar to the abomination called Mario Kart 7?    The only problems with Modnation Racers in comparison to Mario Kart 7 is that it's ad hoc only and it's generic characters rather than a mascot character.  However, the Modnation Racers games one up Mario Kart 7 with option to create your own tracks and characters or download those that others have created. 

Adhoc party also works with Vita games as well though, so any adhoc only games on the Vita could still be played with others online.  Since there's only three people who like Monster Hunter in the US, 3DS owners will probably be playing it alone unless they also have the Wii U version, unlike Vita owners who own the PSP version can use adhoc party to still play with the two other people who like the series.

lehamsy said:

Sonic All Star Racing Transformed and Sega Genesis Collection are playable on the Vita, so technically the Vita does have Sonic.

Technically, but I meant Sonic as an exclusive.

Besides Sega Genesis Collection? I pretty sure that game isn't available for the Vita... atleast in America. I haven't seen that game in the PS Store. 

It may be a similar situation, but I think Sony will refuse to let the vita die (at least in Japan). So I think the proportion will be a lot better then the gameboy vs gamegear.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
brendude13 said:
MohammadBadir said:

LOL, yeah right.

i know the Vita has a FEW good games, but the 3DS has a LOT.

In your opinion.

no. fact :P

please name the good Vita games that aren't ports :P

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kupomogli said:
Viktor said:

lehamsy said:

Again you rely on stupid systemwars. Modnantion Racers for PSV is just bad and the missing online functionality was really the icing on the cake. In fact it scored massively worse than the PS3 or PSP version.

lehamsy said:

Technically, but I meant Sonic as an exclusive.

Besides Sega Genesis Collection? I pretty sure that game isn't available for the Vita... atleast in America. I haven't seen that game in the PS Store. 

Sega Genesis Collection works for the Vita, but it's one of those games you can't download through the Vita itself.  There are some games that have to be downloaded through the PS3 and then transferred to the Vita.  Might be possible to purchase through the PSN Store through PC as well then transfer to your Vita from your PC, but not sure.

Here's a list that shows PSP compatibility with Vita. 

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?showtopic=281768

Viktor said:

Again you rely on stupid systemwars. Modnantion Racers for PSV is just bad and the missing online functionality was really the icing on the cake. In fact it scored massively worse than the PS3 or PSP version.

You mentioned Modnation Racers and I was making a comparison with it and Mario Kart 7.  Both games aren't very good, but Modnation Racers does have some things it does better than Mario Kart 7, namely the  track creation.  It's a kart racer and other than Crash and Chocobo Racing, kart racing games really aren't very good.

And missing online functionality is really the icing on the cake?  Just like Super Mario 3D World is missing online?  Just like New Super Mario Bros U is missing online?  Several Wii U games shipping without online content?  Yet there are several threads of Nintendo fans defending those games saying online really isn't needed and who cares about online.  Nintendo fans always with their backpedalling.  They only make a point to argue about a flaw a game has when it's not from their own console, but as soon as it's their own consoles we're talking about, it all of a sudden doesn't matter.  It's like when Nintendo fans were going 1080p60fps for all games and how powerful the Wii U was going to be before launch, and now it's only marginably more powerful than the PS360 and most games only run in 720p at 30fps if that, and Nintendo fans are once again to backpedalling retorts like "graphics don't matter."  They sure as hell mattered when Nintendo was hyping the console and Nintendo fans were praising it as the new graphics king.     

Would rather not have the SEGA Game Gear and PSV mentioned in the same breath.

Afterall, as things stand....... SEGA Game Gear>>>> PSV.

PSV will surpass SEGA Game Gear sales of course (sony's financial and advertising power), but it's still going to finish a country mile away from the 3DS.