By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ROBOCOP 2014

RedInker said:
Looks so shit I may cry. PG13 seriously??? Half of what made Robocop great was the over the top violence. This trailer has ruined my weekend. Hollywood cant help but fuck up great movies of the past.

I dont think the rating system has as much importance as you are putting on it.   Back then any movie with a good amount of violence got an R rating,  yet most of those movies would not see that same R rating if they were rated today..

Around the Network

Yeah this looks atrocious.

Taking an old gritty looking action movie and slapping in tons of super shiny special effects, a complete visual design overhaul, taking the plot in a more topical but clearly forced direction and then toning down the violence and cursing?

Hell no.

I'm pleasantly surprised! Seems like it'll end up being good! Sounds like they're trying to focus on both emotion and action, which I definitely think is a positive.

Dallinor said:

Taking an old gritty looking action movie and slapping in tons of super shiny special effects, a complete visual design overhaul, taking the plot in a more topical but clearly forced direction and then toning down the violence and cursing?

Hell no.

I dont know how the hell you can tell that from just a small trailer.  

Plus its not like the original was anything that special and was completely lacking in the effects department and acting as well.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Dallinor said:

Hell no.

I dont know how the hell you can tell that from just a small trailer.  

Plus its not like the original was anything that special and was completely lacking in the effects department and acting as well.

It's rated pg-13,that's all I need to know. Probably worth a one time rental at best.

Vetteman94 said:
attaboy said:
Vetteman94 said:
Looks good to me, Robocop is one of those movie while it stands well on its own would be a better movie if it had the technology we have today for movies. I think this one will be pretty good maybe even better than the original.

That's actually what had me excited about the movie.  I just fear that this will be an example of the movie losing its "heart" because it relies too much on the special effects and action of today.  I see a lot of changes and they just don't seem to be for the better.  I'll try to reserve judgement, though.  Dredd did it right.  Total Recall did it wrong.  We'll see how Robocop does it.

What changes exactly?   There was only one I really didnt care much for but all the others that I could pick up on just from the trailer I really liked.   The one that bothered me was his human hand,  seemed weird and unecessary to leave it. 

-Seems like Murphy gets blown up in a car bomb instead of being brutally killed by a bunch of criminals.  So, he doesn't get to kill them all one by one.

-It looks like he's got his normal personality right off the bat instead of slowly remembering who he used to be. 

-He's got that one human hand!  I'm sure he'll have super strength but what good is it if he rips his hand off lifting something heavy?

I'm not living in the past or anything.  I actually look forward to lots of remakes and I can appreciate when it's done right.  It just seems like this movie may end up missing the emotion and the undertones of the original.  I really sympathized with the original Robocop as he would go to his old home and sit outside without knowing why or who he used to be.  I just don't feel anything for the new guy, yet.  Maybe the next trailer will win me over.

PG 13 is a massive turn off.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Doesn't look so bad to me.

zumnupy10 said:
Doesn't look so bad to me.

Some of the stuff actually looks quite good to me.  I'm loving the new armor with the badass visor and the updated ED-209.  I'm sure the action will be great.  I just hope the movie still has heart.