By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So who is going to get Rome:Total War 2?

areason said:
Dulfite said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
i love the total war series, but i was real let down when i saw metacritic reviews from users. lots of bugs and optimization issues. i might wait for a few patches. money is tight and decisions must be made.

As someone who has owned and played Total War games since my younger years (I'm 22 now) I have to say that pretty much every total war game launch experience I've had there are a lot of glitches/crashes. I've come to accept it because they always send out patches to fix them up. Makes me feel like a hypocrite with all my disliking of Bethesda.

Anyway, I won't be getting this game because my 5 year old xps laptop probably can't handle it. It plays Rome, Medieval 2 really well. It plays Empire and Shogun better than Rome and Medieval (for whatever reason) but I just can't see it being able to play this. That being said I did hear recently (maybe ign?) that Rome 2 is designed to be played by a wider range of computers than total war games in the past so maybe I can?

I have 4 g ram (3.5 due to windows 7)
32 bit windows 7
Processor: Intel(R) core 2 duo cpu t8300@2.4GHz
Nvidia GeForce 8500M GT

Anyone got any idea if my xps can handle this?

Min requirements are 2gb of ram. 

My pc has 6gb of ram and a 2.5 year old cpu and gpu and i can run it on ultra. The game isn't really graphically impressive so its fine. 

How does that makes sense? These games have always seemed to push pc's to the max when they are released. Why did they make this one so that it could work with lower end pcs? Or why didn't they do that with the previous instalments? 

Around the Network
areason said:
Munkeh111 said:
Mine is sitting at home and despite the user reviews, I am looking forward to getting my hands on it

I feel that the fans have just gone over the top as usual, don't really trust people who give this game 0/10, just absurd.

The fans haven't gone over the top, but it does not feel like Rome. Everything changed and not for the good. Everything is hidden, such as descriptions for buildings and troops. To access them you must open the total Rome encylopedia which takes a couple of seconds to load. The game doesn't have the simplicity yet depth that Rome 1 had. Ofcourse their is a lot that is yet to be seen but i feel that their is so much more you could do with skill in Rome that you can't in here.

So you think that the game is a 4/10? Do you think the UI and unit cards are the worst things ever. Do you think that 1 turn per year and lack of family tree are the first step towards the game coming to consoles, ie being destroyed by casuals

I have been reading the official forums and most people are going mad. I am not saying that it is perfect without playing, but from everything I have seen, it is a fundamentally good game, with a few problems

And I really liked Empire Total War

Munkeh111 said:

Dulfite said:
areason said:
Dulfite said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
i love the total war series, but i was real let down when i saw metacritic reviews from users. lots of bugs and optimization issues. i might wait for a few patches. money is tight and decisions must be made.

As someone who has owned and played Total War games since my younger years (I'm 22 now) I have to say that pretty much every total war game launch experience I've had there are a lot of glitches/crashes. I've come to accept it because they always send out patches to fix them up. Makes me feel like a hypocrite with all my disliking of Bethesda.

Anyway, I won't be getting this game because my 5 year old xps laptop probably can't handle it. It plays Rome, Medieval 2 really well. It plays Empire and Shogun better than Rome and Medieval (for whatever reason) but I just can't see it being able to play this. That being said I did hear recently (maybe ign?) that Rome 2 is designed to be played by a wider range of computers than total war games in the past so maybe I can?

I have 4 g ram (3.5 due to windows 7)
32 bit windows 7
Processor: Intel(R) core 2 duo cpu t8300@2.4GHz
Nvidia GeForce 8500M GT

Anyone got any idea if my xps can handle this?

Min requirements are 2gb of ram. 

My pc has 6gb of ram and a 2.5 year old cpu and gpu and i can run it on ultra. The game isn't really graphically impressive so its fine. 

How does that makes sense? These games have always seemed to push pc's to the max when they are released. Why did they make this one so that it could work with lower end pcs? Or why didn't they do that with the previous instalments? 

Well the game has 7 or 8 video settings. And the game pushes more on scale then on graphical prowess, which is why it stutters a bit. 

Yep, but not for a few months.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
areason said:
Munkeh111 said:
Mine is sitting at home and despite the user reviews, I am looking forward to getting my hands on it

I feel that the fans have just gone over the top as usual, don't really trust people who give this game 0/10, just absurd.

The fans haven't gone over the top, but it does not feel like Rome. Everything changed and not for the good. Everything is hidden, such as descriptions for buildings and troops. To access them you must open the total Rome encylopedia which takes a couple of seconds to load. The game doesn't have the simplicity yet depth that Rome 1 had. Ofcourse their is a lot that is yet to be seen but i feel that their is so much more you could do with skill in Rome that you can't in here.

So you think that the game is a 4/10? Do you think the UI and unit cards are the worst things ever. Do you think that 1 turn per year and lack of family tree are the first step towards the game coming to consoles, ie being destroyed by casuals

I have been reading the official forums and most people are going mad. I am not saying that it is perfect without playing, but from everything I have seen, it is a fundamentally good game, with a few problems

To the bolded yes.

The game doesn't feel like a total war, and it doesn't feel like rome. I still have a lot to see but until now i am disapointed. 

noname2200 said:
Munkeh111 said:

I never played any of the battles, just the campaign map

areason said:
Munkeh111 said:

To the bolded yes.

The game doesn't feel like a total war, and it doesn't feel like rome. I still have a lot to see but until now i am disapointed. 

Worthy of giving the game 0/10?

Man I don't know why they released this game in September...initial release date was in October. Game is clearly not finished and it has so many bugs.

Munkeh111 said:
areason said:
Munkeh111 said:

To the bolded yes.

Worthy of giving the game 0/10?

Nope, i agree with you that fans are going over the top. But at the same time behind their rage their complaints have meaning.