By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So who is going to get Rome:Total War 2?

Been playing the game for 4 hours, even though it was patched it is still a bit buggy my pc can run the game on ultra yet i am not that impressed. The game definitely has optimization issues and long load times.

Gameplay wise the AI is good in some places and in other parts terrible,for two god damn turns my city has been sieged and they attack me with equipment. Instead they try to enter my city by sea with 50 soldiers in order to get my gates but always fail so i have to wait 60 minutes for the battle to be over. The interface and they way you manage your empire has somehow more depth but at the same time i find the interface lackluster and your options limited. You can't progress as fast and getting details on enemy troop numbers is weird.

Then their is diplomacy, which is impossible since factions will always reject you. Also the small amount of bridges in the game removes a lot of strategy.

Around the Network

I will get it but in a few months or a year. It's a buggy mess right now.

areason said:
Been playing the game for 4 hours, even though it was patched it is still a bit buggy my pc can run the game on ultra yet i am not that impressed. The game definitely has optimization issues and long load times.

Gameplay wise the AI is good in some places and in other parts terrible,for two god damn turns my city has been sieged and they attack me with equipment. Instead they try to enter my city by sea with 50 soldiers in order to get my gates but always fail so i have to wait 60 minutes for the battle to be over. The interface and they way you manage your empire has somehow more depth but at the same time i find the interface lackluster and your options limited. You can't progress as fast and getting details on enemy troop numbers is weird.

Then their is diplomacy, which is impossible since factions will always reject you. Also the small amount of bridges in the game removes a lot of strategy.

Thanks for the update! Seems like I'll wait awhile before getting it...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

LiquorandGunFun said:
i love the total war series, but i was real let down when i saw metacritic reviews from users. lots of bugs and optimization issues. i might wait for a few patches. money is tight and decisions must be made.

As someone who has owned and played Total War games since my younger years (I'm 22 now) I have to say that pretty much every total war game launch experience I've had there are a lot of glitches/crashes. I've come to accept it because they always send out patches to fix them up. Makes me feel like a hypocrite with all my disliking of Bethesda.

Anyway, I won't be getting this game because my 5 year old xps laptop probably can't handle it. It plays Rome, Medieval 2 really well. It plays Empire and Shogun better than Rome and Medieval (for whatever reason) but I just can't see it being able to play this. That being said I did hear recently (maybe ign?) that Rome 2 is designed to be played by a wider range of computers than total war games in the past so maybe I can?

I have 4 g ram (3.5 due to windows 7)
32 bit windows 7
Processor: Intel(R) core 2 duo cpu t8300@2.4GHz
Nvidia GeForce 8500M GT

Anyone got any idea if my xps can handle this?

I'm probably going to wait until all the issues have been sorted. From what I've heard it sounds like it could have done with a couple of extra months in development.

Around the Network

Mine is sitting at home and despite the user reviews, I am looking forward to getting my hands on it

I feel that the fans have just gone over the top as usual, don't really trust people who give this game 0/10, just absurd.

I traditionally sit out the six-month Total War Beta Test Period, then snag the expanded edition at half price.

Already have it and although I have not seen many bugs, it kind of feels more like empire then the original rome. But despite that I can play as Sparta and it is still fun. They say that their launch is effecting 2% of buyers drastically though with the optimization problems.

Dulfite said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
i love the total war series, but i was real let down when i saw metacritic reviews from users. lots of bugs and optimization issues. i might wait for a few patches. money is tight and decisions must be made.

As someone who has owned and played Total War games since my younger years (I'm 22 now) I have to say that pretty much every total war game launch experience I've had there are a lot of glitches/crashes. I've come to accept it because they always send out patches to fix them up. Makes me feel like a hypocrite with all my disliking of Bethesda.

Anyway, I won't be getting this game because my 5 year old xps laptop probably can't handle it. It plays Rome, Medieval 2 really well. It plays Empire and Shogun better than Rome and Medieval (for whatever reason) but I just can't see it being able to play this. That being said I did hear recently (maybe ign?) that Rome 2 is designed to be played by a wider range of computers than total war games in the past so maybe I can?

I have 4 g ram (3.5 due to windows 7)
32 bit windows 7
Processor: Intel(R) core 2 duo cpu t8300@2.4GHz
Nvidia GeForce 8500M GT

Anyone got any idea if my xps can handle this?

Min requirements are 2gb of ram. 

My pc has 6gb of ram and a 2.5 year old cpu and gpu and i can run it on ultra. The game isn't really graphically impressive so its fine. 

Munkeh111 said:
Mine is sitting at home and despite the user reviews, I am looking forward to getting my hands on it

I feel that the fans have just gone over the top as usual, don't really trust people who give this game 0/10, just absurd.

The fans haven't gone over the top, but it does not feel like Rome. Everything changed and not for the good. Everything is hidden, such as descriptions for buildings and troops. To access them you must open the total Rome encylopedia which takes a couple of seconds to load. The game doesn't have the simplicity yet depth that Rome 1 had. Ofcourse their is a lot that is yet to be seen but i feel that their is so much more you could do with skill in Rome that you can't in here.