By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will sell more in 2014. PS4, Xbox One or WiiU (Edited thread)

Who will sell more in 2014

Ps4 562 40.87%

Xbox One 471 34.25%

WiiU 241 17.53%

See results 99 7.20%

Total:1,373
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Quote me. You've known me long enough JayWood. 2014...hold me to it. The Wii U will get outsold by the Xbone by marketing and value alone in America. The PS4 as well.

Well i made a Mistake when i first submitted my answer.  I thought this thread was for 2013 not 2014, but my point still stands.  No need to generalize everybody in to one group saying they are fanboys.  That is all I was trying to say :)

As for 2014, Xbox One has Halo so Sony and Nintendo will need to put out something big as well.

InFamous is getting major 2014 buzz and Uncharted will most likely be announced at the VGA's at the end of this year. I don't really worry about Sony or MS very much, because not only do they have major games but they have great third party. I worry about Nintendo because they lack one of those things.

Read my edit.  InFamous isnt much of a system seller either.  It is something that can push about 1m by itself in software sold and has heavy bundling for more this gen.

I know it isn't a system seller, but I am alluding to the fact that they've been getting a lot of buzz in the next gen.  Theres no doubt InFamous has had its marketing buzz troubles.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:

Read my edit.  InFamous isnt much of a system seller either.  It is something that can push about 1m by itself in software sold and has heavy bundling for more this gen.

I know it isn't a system seller, but I am alluding to the fact that they've been getting a lot of buzz in the next gen.  Theres no doubt InFamous has had its marketing buzz troubles.

It has been but that comes with most launch titles.  Itll have a high attatch ratio as well just like Resistance and MotorStorm did for the PS3.  But if they decide to make more InFamous games in the future itll likely go back down to numbers we had seen for this generation or maybe gain a little bit because some new fans.

JayWood2010 said:

It has been but that comes with most launch titles.  Itll have a high attatch ratio as well just like Resistance and MotorStorm did for the PS3.  But if they decide to make more InFamous games in the future itll likely go back down to numbers we had seen for this generation or maybe gain a little bit because some new fans.

I would agree to that theory if it wasn't a provent franchise. A new IP is always risky, which is why bundling Motorstorm sold so well. Resistance for its time wasn't bad but when Killzone 2 came out it was like the franchise never mattered. Now Killzone is launching with the PS4 and it has twitch gameplay? Happy days for everyone who buys a launch PS4 and loves Killzone. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:

I would agree to that theory if it wasn't a provent franchise. A new IP is always risky, which is why bundling Motorstorm sold so well. Resistance for its time wasn't bad but when Killzone 2 came out it was like the franchise never mattered. Now Killzone is launching with the PS4 and it has twitch gameplay? Happy days for everyone who buys a launch PS4 and loves Killzone. 

I dont know, ill have to wait and see on that I suppose. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JayWood2010 said:

I think its a wise choice for Sony to hype up and release two of there mid-teir franchises early on in its life cycle, they definitely have potential to increase the fanbase of these series. On PS3 these games sold in the 2 million range and I think Shadowfall and Second Son will each sell 3.5-4 million lifetime.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I think its a wise choice for Sony to hype up and release two of there mid-teir franchises early on in its life cycle, they definitely have potential to increase the fanbase of these series. On PS3 these games sold in the 2 million range and I think Shadowfall and Second Son will each sell 3.5-4 million lifetime.

Sounds great. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sounds great. :)

Maybe they can sit alongside God of War and Uncharted as first tier franchises

Oh and u didnt respond to my rebuttle earlier lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

There was a rebuttle? Oh, ok. I get quoted a lot so I probably missed it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zorg1000 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ya lol I explained why I think Wii U will outsell One in 2014.

zorg1000 said:

Ya lol I explained why I think Wii U will outsell One in 2014.

Oh Joy! This is going to be a fun read! :)