By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what will sell better in 2014? PS4/One or PS360

Its not uncommon for new consoles to sell worse than the previous gen initially. 360, PS3, 3DS, Vita, Wii U all have had this fate, will PS4/One follow in there footsteps?

PS360 are about half the price, have huge existing libraries and will continue to get majority of 3rd party support. I can see alot of current PS360 owners being content with there current console for another year or two and late adopters will continue to purchase these older consoles. That pretty much leaves the most hardcore group of gamers as PS4/One customers. These consoles cost $400-500 and when u factor in a game, online and extra controller, ur looking at closer to $550-700 which is a huge alot of money for gaming.

I imagine PS360 will outsell them in the earlier parts of the year but PS4/One will have a strong comeback over the holidays. I could see it going either way personally.

PS3/PS4 8-10m each

360/One 6-8m each

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Next gen will out sell the current gen next year by a combined total of around 2.5 million units I reckon.

Next gen for sure!

I really think both consoles will do better then last gen. I also think that all the multi media functions also play a role in this.

The big thing this go around is extended generation makes me think people are a bit more ready for the jump earlier than usual. I give the edge to X1/PS4 over their 360/PS3 counterparts.

Around the Network

This gen, just.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

next gen, clearly

For 2014, it might just be the PS3. With M$'s dwindling content on the 360. Both the PS4 and the XB1 are overpriced for now, but maybe Holidays at the end of 2014 will see a turn around for the next gen if they drop prices.

PS4 will move 10 million by itself.

PS360 will struggle to break 10 million combined next year.