By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Direct: Mega Kanto Evolutions! Pokemon Cloud Transfer!

wait..so we get two starters!?

Around the Network

From the Official Pokemon Website:

Species Seed Pokémon
Type Grass/Poison
Ability Overgrow
Height 6' 07"
Weight 220.5 lbs.
Species Seed Pokémon
Type Grass/Poison
Ability Thick Fat
Height 7' 10"
Weight 342.8 lbs.

Species Flame Pokémon
Type Fire/Flying
Ability Blaze
Height 5' 07"
Weight 199.5 lbs.

Species Flame Pokémon
Type Fire/Flying
Ability Drought
Height 5' 07"
Weight 221.6 lbs.

Species Shellfish Pokémon
Type Water
Ability Torrent
Height 5' 03"
Weight 188.5 lbs.

Species Shellfish Pokémon
Type Water
Ability Mega Launcher
Height 5' 03"
Weight 222.9 lbs.

I was planning on getting Frokie, but now I'm going to get Chespin since Squirtle is my favorite Pokemon.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Flanneryaug said:
I was planning on getting Frokie, but now I'm going to get Chespin since Squirtle is my favorite Pokemon.

This is my exact thought process as well.

With the three classic starters now part of the team, I'll be picking up Fennekin and Squirtle.

First time ever I'm not (technically) choosing the water starter.

Crazy times!

NEW POKEMON HO!

Sneaky sneaky GameFreak. Looks like a Llama/Alpaca Pokemon...

Around the Network
Smeags said:

NEW POKEMON HO!

Sneaky sneaky GameFreak. Looks like a Llama/Alpaca Pokemon...

lol did not spot this, nice

Mega Charizard?!

Can't believe they missed on the opportunity to give Blastoise dual type. I thought making Mega Blastoise a Water/Steel was a no brainer lol.

I also can't believe that we are 1month away from launch and we still have no idea what the final evolutions of the 3new starters are going to be. I need to know in order to choose. I always picked the Water starter, but I first thought that Froakie looked like the lamest of the the 3, if he did'nt have a great final evo I would be forced to pick someone else. But now that I know we get the 3 original starters aswell, I know I'll pick squirtle so I'm now positive that I won't be using Froakie. I still need to know the final evo, but I think I'll go with Chespin since everytime there is a bandwagon I tend to go the opposite.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
Can't believe they missed on the opportunity to give Blastoise dual type. I thought making Mega Blastoise a Water/Steel was a no brainer lol.

I also can't believe that we are 1month away from launch and we still have no idea what the final evolutions of the 3new starters are going to be. I need to know in order to choose. I always picked the Water starter, but I first thought that Froakie looked like the lamest of the the 3, if he did'nt have a great final evo I would be forced to pick someone else. But now that I know we get the 3 original starters aswell, I know I'll pick squirtle so I'm now positive that I won't be using Froakie. I still need to know the final evo, but I think I'll go with Chespin since everytime there is a bandwagon I tend to go the opposite.

Keep in mind that the starter final evolutions are usually one of the last things to be shown before a new generation is released. Samurott, Serperior, and Emboar were revealed only a few days before the Japanese launch of Black/White. The exceptions were Charizard, Blastoise, and Venasaur from Red/Green/Blue and Blaziken from Ruby/Sapphire (and that was from the anime).

We usually have half a year to find out about the new Pokemon thanks to the early Japanese launch, but since this will be the first worldwide launch, we'll be only a few hours behind. ^_^

Keep in mind that every single rumor out there has Chespin's final evolution as a Grass/Dark type, with Froakie a Water/Fighting and Fennekin a Fire/Psychic.

UncleScrooge said:
Oh god! That's Charmander + Fennekin for me... how am I going to cover my water weakness? (At least their second type should differ - Fennekin looks like a kitsune so it should become a Fire / Psychic type later on)

It will be either a fire/fairy or a fire/fighting. Some footage showed it using fairy punch, I'm guessing fire/fairy.